1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Fiat

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sunilbsp, Aug 6, 2013.

1. sunilbsp

sunilbsp Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Fiatians,

I'm from Bangalore, very new to Fiat. My story of owning a Fiat Punto MJD Dynamic: This is my first "First hand Car". I started researching on Fiat when they started pouring offers, A Fiat punto for 4.99 lacs with 4999 EMI :) . I didn't know many ****(stars with Terms and Conditions) was attached with the offer. Initially I wanted a diesel car since i was fed up filling petrol on my old santro, though i didn't tell my wish to anyone. I definitely wouldn't have gone for a Punto if they have brought a Active version for test drive. They got an Emotion and as every one would, i too fell in love with the same. I havent seen a bad remark by anyone on Fiat Punto on any website, other than some crap people who doesn't even know how to drive have written some issues.

I gave a token advance the very next day without even checking and comparing the feature list between Puntos. Next day i went to showroom (Fiat Caffe) But they didn't have an Active to show, and then i saw "Dynamic" over there. I was again happy with my choice as i thought it would be more or less the same. The executive came, and i asked him the diff between Dynamic and Active, and he started listing " This is not there in Active" and I switched over to Dynamic then and there due to the features that they gave and emotion was expensive for me.I started with this (A Fiat punto for 4.99 lacs with 4999 EMI) and now i ended up with (A Fiat punto for 7.5 lacs with 8k EMI) :(

The only problem i see in Fiat is the initial pick up. I am yet to clock 1000 km, and my ACB shows 9 l/100. I read some comments that Fiat starts it engine after 1000-2000 km, so just waiting for that. I don't understand the calculation on the "menu" to be frank other than few. I definitely need a coaching session from you expertise on the options on menu For e.g. "Range" what is it?

You know guys, I started driving Car at the age of 13 with a premier padmini( Fiats sister) :cool: and finally ended up in Fiat. And 2 days back i was on a signal, front was a car and behind me it was a biker. Signal went green, the car on my front took off, and so did I. He applied a sudden break and did i but the biker couldnt. Banged on my car from behind with a loud noise. I couldnt stop the car as it was a signal and others started honking, i went few meters and i stopped by the time the biker flew. But when i saw the damage i was happy. I thought my bumper would have went in on the bang. Surprisingly there was just a black mark of his tyre, a very minor scratch, but my red reflector broke. I will replace it soon(Price?? Any idea). Even then i didn't feel anything inside. I understood the build quality then.

This is my white horse. Other than this city traffic and once to Nandi hills(since it was new i didnt cross 80kmph), i haven't taken it for a ride else where. Definitely waiting for the right moment

1069224_10151553054753348_1933767195_n.jpg

I am not a writer, and this is my first writing on any website. Still i think i have managed to write down my mind. Requesting all your help to continue my journey

Thanks,
    Sunil
    4 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Sunil on your new acquisition. And welcome to TFI. :)

Do read the owner's manual at least once to get to know more about your car.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats,.. welcome to the club..
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI and I am sure you will enjoy your stay here.
    Open a new thread here - Punto 1.3 MJD

ACB is showing liter per 100 KM. Change it to KM per liter from menu.
    "Range" shows you how many KMs can be driven with fuel in tank.

As mentioned above, take sometime out and do read the manual once.
    Let few thousand KMs complete, plan and take it for a long drive, you will enjoy it.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Sunil, congratulations for you and your punto.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI Sunil.Congrats for buying Punto.wish you many more happy miles on ur new baby.i think i saw u with ur family getting delivery of ur car in front of Caffe on July 19.am i right??
  8. Congrats Sunil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. sunilbsp

sunilbsp Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Vj, when i checked with the parts manager he said it would come less than 500(he said in a general note as it was a sunday). I saw this in 99 rpm as i had purchased fiat oem mats from there. Will check in service center again.
  10. sunilbsp

sunilbsp Timido

Bangalore
    Hey Nadeem, thanks. No i took the delivery on 5th of July.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Ravi...Thanks, could you please let me know how to change it in Menu? I have rarely read the manual have very less patience. Like experimenting myself than reading :)