1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Closer to my Dream of Owning a Car.. Owning the Most Beautiful Hatch...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chakiirfan, Sep 28, 2013.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

My name is Irfan. I stay in Mumbai and my daily commute to my office and back home is around 55 km. Currently this responsibility is being fulfilled by my Honda Unicorn which has already clocked 66000 Km in last 6 years. My search for a new car started 3 months back for daily commute and started the process of visiting various CAR showroom and getting TD for various car.

Main requirement:
    1) It has to be a diesel since my daily running was around 55 km.
    2) should at least have ABS as an safety feature
    3) My aim is too own the car for the next 5-7 years

Car Considered:
    Maruti Swift ZDI

This was never in the list, in fact was looking at Ritz but paying 7.7L for Ritz didn't came across as a good decision and hence started looking at Swift but didn't liked this car due to restricted rear legroom and didn't like it while having the TD as well.

Approx On Road Cost After Discount: 8.3 L

Ford EcoSport Diesel Trend:

I was almost certain to book this car but recent price hike made it out of my budget and didn't wanted to stretch my budget.

Approx On Road Cost After Price Hike: 9.8 L

Renault Pulse RxZ:

Did a TD of this car and it was fun to drive and likes it very much, but absence of an ABS on the top model was big let down for me. It is also a bit expensive too.

Approx On Road Cost After Discount: 8 L

Honda Amaze S:

The NvH level inside the cabin was a bit downside of the car and some how didn't feel good inside the cabin.

Approx On Road Cost : 8.4 L

I had considered Fiat Punto 75 Hp as one my first option and took the Test drive. For the look it is the best looking hatch in the country today but somehow didn't connected to it while driving and with a heavy heart dropped the idea of buying a punto. :(

As the days started passing while searching through various quotation for car came across quotation for Fiat Punto 90 hp, it was around 8.4 L after discount, which also felt in my budget. Went to the showroom and got a TD from Balaji Automobiles Thane. From the moment i put the car in 1st gear and started driving, realized a huge difference between 75 hp and 90 hp, felt love with the car.

After coming back home started reading reviews and ownership reviews for 90 HP and felt more over it and the decision was made that i need to buy Fiat Punto 90 hp and my wife happily agreed too. Even though there were some friends who were against booking a Punto and there were reservations with regards to after sales/service but still went with my heart.

I have booked my dream car i.e. Fiat Punto 90 HP (Tuscon Wine) on 22-Sep-13 and have asked for delivery by end oct-13 since i had to travel out of mumbai for 3 weeks.

I have some queries and would request FTI members to me help me out.

1) I am planning to buy a seat cover, is it wise to but it from Fiat or getting it from outside.
    2) What will be the cost of changing the speakers as i have heard that they are not good.
    3) I have heard of niggles in new fiat punto, is it one of case, should i be actually worried about it....

Thanks & regards,
    Irfan
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations Irfan. :)

1. You can get good quality seat covers from outside, pre-stitched or custom made as per your requirements. I believe someone from Mumbai can suggest a good shop.

2. You have heard correct and the stock speakers are really not good. But still, check them out and take a call. Have a read of this thread : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/car-entertainment/1455-ice-considerations.html
    For any query related to speaker upgrade, feel free to ask in that thread.

3. As such the "new" Punto is not facing any niggles and neither did the old one. The most common we have heard is car pulling to the left and that too from a few owners, not the majority. I can understand where you are coming from, but rest assured, the perception about FIAT being unreliable is much stronger than the reality.

FIAT's 3+2 years/1,50,000km warranty is something other manufacturers can only dream of. Amaze comes with a 2 year/40,000km warranty. If you want to extend it, it is 2+2/80,000km's. They themselves don't seem too sure of their product.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Gurjinder for your reply.. that definitely helps...
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations Irfan & welcome to TFI.plz post lots of lovely pics of your soon to be new Punto 90hp.when is the delivery date?
  5. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Nadeem, i should be getting the delivery in last week of Oct-13, as need to complete some of loan formalities when i am back in mumbai....
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Irfan,

Congratulations on booking the 90HP monster and welcome to the TFI forum. A wise decision made by the heart eh? Rest assured you will not regret the decision.

BTW which part of Mumbai are you from, tell us more about youselves.

Looking forward to the ownership review with lots of pics.
  7. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Ghodlur(Sorry don't know your name),

I stay in jogeshwari west, i would inshallah post pics when i'll go for the PDI along with the booking process...

thanks..
  8. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

Just a small query, the team-fiat PDI list can be used during visiting the vehicle in the stock yard or it has to been used during the delivery of the vehicle. ALso, would like to know if i could ask for a test drive before the car is sent for registration.

Thanks,
    Irfan
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    That is what the PDI list is for, Checking the car before registration.

Most dealers do not allow a test drive before registration (and that is expected given the risk) but you can always try your luck asking. Some dealers allow you to drive for a short distance within their stock yard if there is enough space. Otherwise, you can just start the engine and check it.
  10. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Came back to Mumbai & completed all loan formalities.Since today is Eid, RTO is shut down will have to wait till Tuesday for delivery of my Punto.

Meanwhile checked with Fiat and got the confirmation on VIN and found it Aug-13 manufactured... I hope this this fine.

Counting Days now.