1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Few days back , I was cleaning the interiors using a COIDA car vacuum cleaner through the cellphone charging port, simultaneously I was listening the music on ICE which includes the Blaupunkt subwoofer.
    All of sudden , vacuum cleaner stopped, I thought the motor of the vacuum cleaner has gone kaput. But after some time I came to know that AC is also not getting switched on.
    Anxiously I went to FASS, they said it will take 3 hours to diagnose the problem. But it was just a fuse which had fused off , and they replaced it 60 INR & returned the car within 1hr.

Today, again, unfortunately in the evening, I tried to use the vacuum cleaner and within 2 seconds it stopped . And now AC is again not working. I called up FASS, it was 5 pm then & they said, after 5pm they don't accept new work and asked me to bring the car morrow morning.
    I wish, it is the same fuse again. Fingers crossed.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    There may be a short circuit in the vaccum cleaner ..

I too had a similar experience during a long distance trip. Noticed only the AC blower was not switching on.. then later realized the phone charger is also not switched on. I removed the Charger only to find the metal contact of the charger was loose and touched both positive and negative on the cigar lighter.

As soon as we stopped for lunch. I looked at the fuse box. and found the burnt fuse. And then Interchanged the Fog lamps fuse with the AC blower. and was able to use AC.

I was able to find the spare in local Automotive shop in GOA. Bought 2 extra. and it is always in the Fuse box.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I need not go to FASS, my accessory man replaced the fuse FOC & all is well now.

I always felt that lights are inadequate whenever the upcoming vehicles don't show low beam courtesy at night time .
    Here are the pics of OE lights with first low beam and then high beam on. 20150424_203021.jpg 20150424_203005 - Copy.jpg

So, I have replaced them with HID lights. Here is the result. Pics taken at same location where the pics of OE lights were taken so that comparison is possible.
    New Hella fog lights with HID kit. 20150430_011803.jpg

With low beam (HID) , the low beam start throwing the light exactly where the fog lamp's light throw ends. So a harmonious continuity is found. 20150430_011843.jpg

With high beam (HID) 20150430_011907.jpg

With the Hella +HID fog lamps side visibility is impoved by leaps & bounds, with OE fogs, side visibility was almost nil . Here are pics of side visibility of of new fogs .
    Right 20150430_012054.jpg

Left 20150430_012110.jpg

On highways, it clearly shows the road divider on the right side. On E way, new Fog HID +Headlight HID combo illuminates all three lanes clearly. Also I noticed that upcoming errant drivers either make way for my car or simply shift to low beam within time. And night driving is quite pleasing experience now.

In city, I use only fogs and if roads are not illuminated by the civic authorities, then I use fog +low beam after adjusting it to lowest possible level, and the light cuts off at the level of waist of upcoming pedestrians. Sometimes, I have to use low beam adjusted at mid level , at mid, light throw cuts off at the chest level of upcoming pedestrian, so it doesn't annoy upcoming pedestrian or vehicles. But if low beam is adjusted at highest possible level then it annoys pedestrian and vehicles also.

So low beam adjusted at highest position and high beams are used only on high ways.

Tomorrow, I will post pics taken on highway.
  4. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Tornado Sir, looks damn good. Can you please share what lights/brand did you install and what was the cost for this?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Tornado

You need to check the amp rating of the vaccum cleaner. I think it is drawing more power from battery than rated.
    Tornado likes this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    These are the pre installation pics of new fog lamps, one can read the name & specifications of brands. 228803d800b726a01e50e7c2dbea358f.jpg b6b82ee607311d7089d71e12f7bd8634.jpg 52f05e370a851d7c565f3e31d6d3336b.jpg 5331e9ccd5a0f6f15b6fab33b60c3f20.jpg c0c40b4311b4556cad50540368750017.jpg

And here are the HID installation kits 35c2b4b3fc1c3502af922eb68b39619e.jpg d68d63f8530284f4c9c1b044933669b9.jpg

Here are the bulbs, Philips original, 35watt for headlight and 55 watt for fog lamps. 09a232e92b6500c340fc5d8f23608832.jpg
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The user of the HID may enjoy the superior vision, but IMO I feel it is absolute injustice to the the vehicle coming in the opposite and so is it for the vehicle in front in its rear view mirror. Really blinds them out. Better if we drive within the vision range of the OE headlamps which will be much safer at night. We are in times of CSR and society and environment are paramount to our living. These are entirely an expression of my personal opinion and no offence meant to anyone. I wouldnt fit one at all.

Abdul
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @jumu, beauty or say peculiarity of this set up(latest generation of the Philips) is that the throw of the fog doesn't reach above the level of knees of upcoming pedestrian.

Throw of the light on low beam at mid or lower adjustment (as provided by fiat) doesn't go above chest level. And the cut off line is also precise as compared to earlier HID lights which were known for annoyance. And checked the new lights with my friends, it is not at all annoying, they said,
    Low beam if adjusted at highest level then it annoys the IRVM of the car ahead but I don't need to use it.

Yes, high beam is annoying, but I use it only for unwieldy, adamant high beam lovers coming from front.

OE lights were good but lateral visibility was poor hence on highways dirt, mud & smoke laden dividers were not visible making the journey unsafe at good speeds. Now with new fog lamps, that problem is solved.
    prabhjot and jumu like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Posting some pics of new lights to illustrate my above post. rps20150501_131824.jpg
    One can see how the light tappers towards mid point as it travels ahead. Light view is broad near the car but keeps narrowing ahead, and hence not annoying for up comers.
    This pic is taken with low beam at its lowest position (position 3 as per head lamp adjustment button provided by fiat)
    There is a tree on the road, exactly where the light throw ends and hence the tree is not visible.in this pic,hence I have labelled it at its location. In the bellow pics you can see it as the beam goes higher up.

rps20150501_122634.jpg
    Here in this pic one can see the lower part of the stem of the tree is visible approximately of height of the knee . The lower beam is adjusted at position 2. I prefer this during city drive

rps20150501_092942.jpg
    The stem of the tree is visible up to the waist height . Low beam is adjusted at position 1. I prefer this on highway or district roads.

rps20150501_092859.jpg Here the low beam is adjusted at position 0 (highest possible) and stem is visible at a height of chest & shoulder . I prefer it only on one ways or E ways.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why did you change the fog lamp case? aint it possible to fit the HID in the old one? you put xenon hid in hella shroud?
    May be you should checkout projectors to avoid the beam glaring onto oncomer's eyes ! Its not the beam which bothers vehicles from the opposite dir, but the reflection from the normal reflectors !