1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ohh, it was indeed a bad day for you.
    Tornado likes this.
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : I am really sorry to see those abrasions. But why repairs for 7500? That wheel is still good to be used. Did I miss something?
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @ Arun Prasad, that has solved the problem.
    One more issue I had mentioned earlier about seat height getting decreased automatically stands resolved now.
    When desired height is found, you need to push down the seat height adjustment lever once so as to lock it at desired height .

@pdash, Yes it was bad day, after I posted above post, one Alto was reversing and his rear bumper banged slowly on rear bumper of my parked car, thankfully my bumper being black in colour didn't got any scratches.

@Vidhyashankar Kannan, The sidewall cut was big and irreparable, though in pics it is looking small ,hence needed replacement, also I didn't wanted to take any chances as I often drive on Mumbai Pune Eway @120to 150.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    9cca15e432129580be5304602ec16933.jpg e29e8e3959ac7a928b20010f9345d149.jpg
    7219f8236ede1a999a7a0fdd219171e8.jpg 982a967af28041f61b0f0c5e9c9e7239.jpg 231b771e81a1ffd37df6c3baec94fd3b.jpg

Some pics on Mumbai Pune E way
    Giridhar, PradeepM, varunrtr and 10 others like this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Boot not opening again by all 3 means. Faced problems while security checks.

Today, went to Jay vijay fiat, it took 5 hours to solve the problem, they adjusted something and now boot is opening properly. They did it FOR along with free washing.
    But this has happened thrice despite replacement of the lock. So I am annoyed.

For the problem of USB mode of music system getting on automatically while playing music on Aug mode, they said they don't have any solution!!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

i am telling yáll from the beginning, Fiat have made a fool of themselves by putting that spare wheel outside the body. There is NOTHING to be gained from this move, just a "me too" moment from Fiat vis-a-vis the Ecosport and to distinguish the car from the Evo.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Yes and its not that people are desperate for a spare wheel behind a car just claddings are enough too. See Etios cross, I see quite a many on mumbai roads.
  9. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I haven't had any issues with the boot lock till date but then the car is too new right now. Problems may manifest later and I wouldn't be surprised. But the wheel on the rear is purely cosmetic in nature. It just gives the car a little more road presence and nothing else. More than the wheel, I wish Fiat did away with those useless inclinometers and gave a storage spot there like the Evo. Or gave more useful boot space with the spare wheel now outside. But like all car manufacturers, they have experimented. Atleast they got it spot on in the looks department instead of looking like an aftermarket thought. But generally, like you say, it doesn't serve any purpose. The Punto still retains the solid compact look.
    rj.031086, Sheldor and prabhjot like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip @avithe1

Sure, and they should not have bothered with the raised gc, the suspension and engine retuning either. i.e., they shouldn't have tried the Avventura at all.

And the Evo was always too 'old' nevermind that it's still by far segment best at so much/most things, esp looks and price, and gizmo-s-for-price.

And same is true(r) of the new Linea, esp the t-jet, albeit the best car in the country south of 17 lakhs.

i.e., damned if you try something (great in this case, actually), and already damned if you don't. Even if the 'new deal' (including independent FASS) is even more of a 'real deal' than the old one.

i.e., back to the 'Fiat should've launched the panda, the viaggio, freemont, nuvo uno, nuvo palio, doblo, 500L instead!', as if that were not to cost hundreds/thousands of crores, with NO better chance of success.

i.e., back to: 'Aiyyo, Fiat's sales figures are so bad, na? Tch, tch!' And we don't want to rehash THAT thread again, now, do we?!

;):confused::p:D:yawn::playful::facepalm::cigar: :banghead:......and of course...:dead:

But seriously: mefeels FCA would've/shows every sign of learning the right lessons from the recent debacles, which are: (a) sack the MD (b) go different and niche (t-jets+abarth, etc, amt-s, touchscreen, etc, new more advertizing, etc) (c) go Jeep, and most importantly (d) go exports with the new 2016 b-suv and the small Jeeps, to supplement the revenues via Tata+Maruti.

At a minimum.

i.e., FCA by/in 2016/17 'will' be....'saved' and 'redeemed', we can prophesy.

....and so will we Fiat fans!

Meanwhile: if they can keep most (even if not the redundant/poor) dealers+FASS viable.....:watching:

PS:

Methinks the Avventura is in the (low) range of its expected sales. And: it has some potential left. Most new owners seem very delighted, and receive a lot of covetous glances on the road!

It is the Evo, and the Linea, that have sunk, thanks to the East Asian raging hit 'new' albeit much inferior models (i20, city, ciaz, facelifted Swift+new Polo, Amaze, Mobilio, also Zest and Xcent as well) and Fiat India's dubious product-launch strategy/marketing for these 2.

The 'Maruti in TFi room' is that the brand we love and admire through direct experience....is deeply distrusted by most of the market, if not just ignored. In which case what FCA did or didn't do is quite moot.:(:yawn:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2015 ---
    @Tornado

If I am not wrong yours in a more or less first batch, Nov/Dec 2014 Avventura, yes?

I wonder if you know based on feedback from others and from the FASS guys: have Fiat India come up with a 'fix' to these rattling cum lock issues on the later batch/2015 cars? The rattles can surely be easily if often fixed even DIY but I wonder what the rate of defective-locking issues are on the initial as opposed to the 2015 Avventura-s.

Because judging from the admittedly small sample of 2015 Avventura owner testimonials/reviews one has encountered, it would seem to have been a (so-regrettably avoidable) initial launch/batch issue? Although it is early days. What are the FASS guys reporting about the newer batches? Off and on cases are understandable, but if it still happening commonly....!

Also, did you get the Fiat-recall replacement of the usb-cum-aux 'Microsoft/Blue&Me' input module done? Was that not the fix for the music-interruption issue?

thanks