1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Tornado . Wish you happy & safe ride.
    Tornado likes this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It seems honeymoon is over, today morning, spare wheel gate refused to open with both remote & internal electric release On pressing these buttons, it was making sound but not opening. My accessories man tried to open it with the internal lever provided inside the boot on left side for opening the spare wheel gate in such situations through cabin after folding the rear seat, but in vain.
    Took the car to Jay VijayFASS, very courteous, cooperative and proactive people, the man pulled the internal lever and simultaneously pressed the remote button and it got opened immediately.

He said that the the lock needs replacement and didn't had it stock, hence placed a order and left the place.

Planning to install subwoofer box and IRVM mounted rear view cam cum DVR tomorrow.

BTW, Car has completed 1100km and all is well except the lock and whenever lock doesn't open the DIS shows a diagram of a car door.

Car attracts eyes of passersby, and many people keep praising & enquiring about the car, this makes me feel proud.

All the friends who have not own a fiat yet are also praising its ride quality, a long term driver of i20, innova, scorpio also praised the driving characteristics of Avventura err... Lovventura with special reference to clutch.
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    That's a well known issue with avve, FASS is already replacing locking mechanism for quite a many of them I guess. There is another problem with Avve with the AUX and USB port, Get it checked/replaced too. :D
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    if there are so many issues with the Avvy what the hell they were testing then for almost a year including engine all parts are of Evo.
    going by FCA India's reputation i think they were testing only two parts 1. real wheel mounting 2. anti roll bar
    for a year ??
    on the other side honda have launched 4th Gen city without actual on road testing. what we call these two extreme poles ?
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @dadasaheb

You aren't yet familiar with just how awful the build and quality/reliability problems are on the latest Honda City? There is a LONG thread on that other forum about the grave matter, grave because it is by far the most expensive car in its segment as also the most bloated brand (for reasons I find unfathomable). Grave because the routine complaints range across ALL domains: from the diesel engines themselves to electricals to tyres to panel gaps to material quality used, etc.

The Avventura's are minor, and are being proactively addressed. Before you say: Fiat SHOULD have made DOUBLY sure since they are a small weak-branded player in the marketplace, let me say: agreed!

However, I'd still insist that the problems on new Evo-s and Avventura-s are very minor especially given the manner in which they are being addressed, which does contrast with Honda's niggardly warranty and dealer practices, amply documented in that thread. Also let us note that Maruti have had several serious (when compared to the issues in the Evo and Avventura) recalls/delivery delays, including clutch assembly replacements and touchscreen ICE defects on the just launched Ciaz.

Besides: Nagesh B. just got sacked (it seems)?!;):(:rolleyes:
    rishike007 and dadasaheb like this.
  6. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Yes @prabhjot I know that thread name 4th Gen city niggles compilation and quality issues, with actual owner's feedback about it.
    Honda is doing many cost cutting things even if they have price which is highest in the segment.
    naked boot lit, missing wheel arch cladding, not so good fit and finish small tyres and Wheel size etc. the list is long enough.
    Yes, I agree with your statement :
    Fiat SHOULD have made DOUBLY sure since they are a small weak-branded player in the marketplace
    with such an attitude or Quality assurance practices they are not going to increase any more % in the market share what it has, but chances are they can lose some %
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Car has completed 2500 km, lovely experience till now.
    Today replaced the spare wheel gate lock FOC at Jay Vijay FASS. Time taken was half an hour. They said it resolves the rattle issue as well however I am skeptical about it. I also purchased a ' FIAT' embossed on it at JAY VIJAY showroom @699INR.It took 45 minutes for them to bill and get gate pass for it, way more than what was required for free replacement of the lock.

BTW, I had already solved the rattle issue. I have installed a Blaupunkt subwoofer box with inbuilt amplifier with a separate bass level adjustment(26,000INR including wiring) . If bass level is kept at mid point or bit more, leave aside rattles, I won't be able to know if some car bangs on the rear.

Also installed a rear view cam cum DVR @ 14000INR.
    The cam is installed at the midpoint of the rear registstion plate. They have cracked the registstion plate while drilling it. It needs to be replaced now.
    I am yet to get used to the rear view as I need to take imaginary precautions to avoid spare wheel getting banged on the car or wall behind the Lovventura while reversing.

Car still attracts many eyes on the road, and I have seen few bikers and few cars following or overtaking my Lovventura to see full view of her.
  8. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The boot not opening issue also cropped up in my car .The problem resolved by it self the next morning. Any way I took the car to the service station, Grease was applied on the lock mechanism in the bumper which made the operation even smoother. Make sure water is nor sprayed with the servicing gun directly into the locking hole.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks, @Srinivaschandala.

Got 5k km servicing done @jay Vijay FASS Pune. They are quick & courteous people.
    All is well was the report given by the SA.
    WA was done.
    1 lit oil top up required. I asked if 1 lit oil top up is required for 5k km, then how much will be required till next service at 15 kkm? SA said that some oil is lost while checking filters and engine hence top up is required, you need not worry about oil loss.

Bill :Approx 1150 INR.

Few observations :
    SA was not knowing how to close spare wheel gate!! I happened to visit few malls, security check staff was clueless about opening & closing of the spare wheel gate & boot. I expressed annoyance over it to their incharge for not training the staff properly!!.

Fiat has not yet manufactured the mud flaps for Avventura yet!!

Issues found in car up till now :
    1) Whenever I am playing music on my cell phone using AUX, the source automatically changes to USB, if I am charging the cell phone using USB cable. I have to change the source to AUX manually.

2) I need to keep the seat height at max level, but the height of the seat gets decreased on its own gradually over a period of a day.

3)I still don't know how to cut or off the call done from Blue & me.

Trying to post pics of the car at various locations.
    Took the car to Mumbai Pune e way, couple of times. Rock solid she is @150kmph.

Took her to the stretch connecting Mumbai Pune e way to Mumbai Nasik highway. The stretch is full of huge speed breakers, best for testing suspension. Awesome is the only word to describe it . I was following a Benz sedan, and was trying to overtake her. Benz driver was annoyed due to my repeated attempts to overtake, all of sudden he made a way for me for overtaking, I sped to grab the opportunity only to come across a huge speed breaker, I could see a smile on the face of the Benz driver as his intention was to make fun of me. But I didn't slowed down, and crossed the bump @40to 50 kmph. And my friend sitting on the passenger seat told me that Benz driver's smile had got converted into a dropped jaw.!

I have taken the car to Sahyadri Ghats, Tortuous Ghats are perfect for testing body roll, Lovventura has virtually nil body roll. My wife who always suffers from motion sickness on these ghats said that she couldn't even came to know that we were driving on Ghat roads leave aside motion sickness.

Overall Avventura justifies her name Lovventura.
    prabhjot, varunrtr, pdash and 2 others like this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP