1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Alok Sabade

Alok Sabade Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    So I visited a Darshan Tyres outlet today looking for various sizes and quotes. Here's an interesting thing i found:

1) Primacy 3ST 205/55 R16 - ₹7,800
    2) Primacy 3ST 205/60 R16 - ₹7,000

The guy said the difference is because of the demand, latter being the more popular of the two.

Correct me if I'm wrong here:
    1) Due to increased radius, circumference will increase too and more distance will be covered in the same revs. Which means there will be slight mileage up, at the cost of minor speedo error. (Assuming same rim is continued)
    2) Larger profile would mean softer ride, at the cost of higher body roll.
    3) If 1 & 2 are right then this profile upgrade saves money! Both in short term and longer term.

If all of the above is ok in principle, is the upgrade acceptable for Linea's dimensions? How do I check feasibility? The dealer seemed sure but i really need a neutral opinion.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    1) 205/55 R16 : side wall is 55% of 205 = 205 * 0.55 = 112.75 mm
    2) 205/60 R16 = 205 * .6 = 123 mm
    So the difference is nearly 10mm, which is 1cm. I really don't think you need to go for 1cm raise in GC, considering Linea already stands tall among the sedans. the added 1cm GC will surely be evident in corners resulting in more body roll.

3. Alok Sabade

Alok Sabade Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the reply, but i really need to know if anyone has tried this tyre spec. As it saves ₹3,200, i wanna see beyond the math. Whether there's something that should totally put me off of this.

4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I was not able to log in for last few months due to unknown reason. Finally succeeded today.

Avventura has completed 40 kkm and going strong without any problems.

5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Uptill now, no problem worth mentioning.
    Got the 45 kkm servicing done @krishna Fiat - Abarth - jeep ASS Satara. Total bill - Rs 16 K. :arghh:

One screw under the the cap of the speedo console is loose and sometimes rattles, cap needs to be opened and the screw needs to be tightened, for this they said whole dashboard needs to be dismantled!!!. I said it's DIY & I would do it on my own.
    Also a small plastic part at the junction of the windscreen, bonnet & the front fender is loose and needs to be replaced. They have ordered that part ( should not cost more than 50 Rs) in 2016, yet it is not arrived!!!.

Anyways, Loventura is running absolutely fine and overall happy with her.

6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Posting pics of the bill, although the car has run 43500 km, it says "60 k km or 2 years service whichever is earlier ". IMG_20170718_200838.jpg IMG_20170718_201231.jpg

KPR likes this.
  7. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I suspect the same culprit in my RED's rattle. Especially at RPM around 1700 to 1900 and in the mornings when the rattle sound is well heard. Have you done the DIY? Can you post on this work? BTW how do you say that the screw is loose?

8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    During the rattle, when you press speedo cap's screw attachment which is located underneath the cap and over the speedometer,rattle stops eventually.

I haven't done the DIY yet.I will post the pics whenever I do it.

KPR likes this.
  9. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have similar kind of issue whenever you done the DIY please inform process to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tornado likes this.
  10. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ah thanks man for the clue. Today during my morning ride confirmed that the same screw is the culprit. Infact left side screw in my case. The rattle ironically happens to me only during the morning first ride to office or night ride. Later on during afternoon it stops. Maybe owing to heating up of plastics or something. Hope to sit on Sunday morning and try to resolve the issue.