1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I hope you are talking about CPC 2 & not MC5.
    The best method to reduce the noise is to have tread buttons of 'different sizes.'
    Easiest way to make a tyre less nosy is to make them asymmetrical. Size of treads immediately becomes different on other side of the tire now. Among two asymmetrical tyres, the tyre with more asymmetry would be less noisy.

If in a room few people in are talking with each other in 'conversation' tone, it well might not be distracting for the person sitting & working on a computer outside the door.
    But if all the persons say same sentence in 'whispering' tone simultaneously, it will definitely attract attention of the outside person although we know the difference between noisy-ness of whisper & conversation tones.

@KPR,I will respond to your queries ASAP.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 12, 2016 ---
    Obviously, more raw materials needed & 16 inch & plus cars are considered as higher segment cars or premium cars as compared to the basic segment hence whatever concessions given to the basic segments are made up in upper segments.
    Better to stick to the stock size if
    1) car is in warranty.
    2) you are not sure if you can avoid potholes at good speeds. & if your driving style is spirited.
    For others,
    Those who have steel wheels, & need more driving pleasure or want additional sporty driving experience can go for 'inch up ' alloys rather than mere upsize.

Those who have stock alloy, can go for upsize of the tyre only if they are not fully satisfied with the ride comfort of stock tyres.
    Xm2 michelin reviews are not good ( sidewall bulge & cuts) AFA bad roads are concerned. Comparatively PST have less complaints on this issue

I bought Michelin PST just because my father who drives it on bad roads is a caring driver for the tyres, In the past, he has driven 2 sets of XM2 on wagon R without single complaint on same bad roads. Hence I know PST are going to be in safe hands.
    On highways, it's me, so no fear of sidewall or tread damage despite spirited driving style.

For you, I need to know your driving style on bad roads. & also the size, load & speed index of the stock tyres.

If I were you, I would have used stock alnacs (19kkm run, because there is still 13 to 16 kkm good quality life left in them) for Ladakh, as Alnacs (Non 4 G) have nylon in their tread which is marginally more bulge & cut resistant as compared to PST. Sidewalls of both michelin PST & Alnac are made up of same casing material (2 polyester) so not much difference.
  2. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado i follow your thread religiously so you better keep updating it on regular basis ;) anyways i have completed 11k kms and ride so far has been wonderful so far without any glitch at all.
    i want to install mobile holder in my avvy , can you or any one please suggest some good options.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congo, good to hear that.
    As there is ample room between the windscreen & the dash, better to go for a holder with long stalk. like this. rps20160912_193145.jpg

Updates on Lovventura.

I am receiving regular calls from Krishna FASS regarding well being of the Avventura.
    On Sept 5,I received a call, I told them that there are some minor issues. They asked me to bring the car on Sunday. 11th September.

Since last few days these are some minor issues.
    1) minor rattle

2) the fuel lid refuses to close properly when it's tried to closed by the fuel bunk worker. It closes when I try to do so. One needs to apply some forward force (towards the front of the car) while closing it.

3) A plastic strip like part at the junction of the wind screen, bonnet & side fender had started coming off. It was shown to the SA but he said that they need to change whole plastic assembly around the strip, mere strip won't suffice. I didn't bought his rant but since I was short of time & and issue wasn't that severe & important I didn't paid much attention. rps20160912_204258.jpg

rps20160912_204335.jpg
    However, since we happened to be in Satara on 8th september, we showed the car to SA there.
    He said the cause of rattle can't be diagnosed because there is lot of luggage inside & bring the car when it is empty.

The fuel lid & the plastic strip issue was not raised with him as we were going to bring the car back.

Later, I diagnosed the cause of rattle, it is arising from the cap of the speedo console. It stops when you pull or push it firmly.

4) On 10 th of September, the spare wheel gate could be unlocked but was getting trapped at second stage of opening it. The knob which gets disengaged from the hinge during this stage was not getting disengaged upon pressing the button located on the handle of the gate. rps20160912_201129.jpg

I had to manually pull the wire which pulls & disengages the knob to open the gate rps20160912_201039.jpg

So on 11 th September, I went to Satara Krishna FASS, it was 4:00 pm. SA said, no appointment was fixed.!

I wanted to see the manager, but SA said, she is not there..
    I wasn't surprised, it was sunday and 4 pm, so I called up FIAT custemer care, and voila!! they took the Manager Mrs. Vir on conference and then I talked with her.

Finally, SA ordered the plastic strip, spare wheel gate knob (it was not repairable) with FIATS., repaired the fuel lid. And asked us to bring the car whenever parts arrive. He said, rattle would also be fixed at that time as it was 7pm by then.

Overall, mixed experience, no so good, not so bad krishna Fiat & good FIAT call center.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today, finally got to see the tyre in 205/55R16 size mounted on a Verna.
    I found that there is lot of difference in the ply composition though the UTQG rating is similar to what I had seen on other sized tyre.

Ply composition of 205 /55 R16.
    Tread : 2 steel, 2 polyester, 2 nylon.
    Sidewall : 2 polyester.

This ply composition makes the tread of the tyre sturdier & resistant to tread /sidewall burst /cut resistant.
    The tread composition (2 nylon) infact is sturdier than the Michelin PST(1 polyamide),however the polyamide makes the ride more comfortable than the pure nylon especially during short drives of up to 5 km.

Those whose daily running doesn't involve too many short drives and don't do hard cornering ( symmetrical tyres are not good as aymetrical tyres for hard cornering ) at high speeds should go for Hankook ventus V12evo. The treadwear rating of this tyre is 280 as compared to Michelin PST's 360. But there is a price difference too to compensate that.

PS :Treadwear ratings of 100 is equal to approximately 11 kkm to 12 kkm.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 14, 2016 ---
    Posting a pic of ply composition of Hankook ventus V12evo 205 55R16.

rps20160914_102330.jpg
    Those who run their car less than 7 kkm /year, treadwear rating of 360 of michelin PST is not VFM because at the end of 5 years you need to throw away the tyres irrespective of treadwear.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  5. Alok Sabade

Alok Sabade Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    That's a wonderful comparison @Tornado - I'm sure you've enlightened a lot many souls with that tiny post. Wish there were a better place to have it posted, like a sticky or something.
    Tornado likes this.
  6. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado. Thanks. Thanks and many thanks for the above quote. Life has been miserable for me with this issue. Each and every time, I have to adjust the seat height before I take the pilot seat. FASS were not able to resolve it at all. And believe me, they did not know about the above functionality. Will try today and see if it works for me.
    Tornado, KPR and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Unfortunately many of the functionalities are not known by Fiat ASC personnel. It has become a habit keep doing DIYs to know about issues. The good thing about less knowledgeable ASC is that you become an expert of niggles :headphone: And thanks @Tornado for the find on seat adjustment. Let me check that in my punto.
    Tornado likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    How did I miss this post o_O. Thanks @Tornado :)
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Parts arrived long back, SA had asked to bring the car but we could go there today.
    Apart from remaining issues mentioned above following things were taken on the job card.
    1) cleaning the air and AC filter as car travels in dusty conditions.
    2) fuel lid flap repair as it was refusing to close again.

3) one of the fuse had gone kaput while using the electric tyre inflator, as ICE remained on while using it.

We and it seems the SA too forgot to mention about the plastic strip replacement located near the front wind shield.

He replaced the spare wheel gate knob under warranty and it's working fine now.

He tightened a dashboard screw located above speedo console to fix the rattle, I need to check for the rattle on bad roads.

He told us that filters have been cleaned, however it is not mentioned on the bill.

He removed the fuel lid flap mechanism and cleaned it thoroughly as lot of dust had gathered in it. It's working fine now. rps20161026_213157.jpg

BTW, Michelin PST (left front) got its first puncture at the junction of sidewall and the tread. I remember, few years back Bridgestone ER 60 mounted on one of my cars had got similarly punctured. rps20161026_223944.jpg
    Is it ok to travel with traditional plug type tubeless tyre puncture repair or I need to go for 'patch type' repair?
    Raaz likes this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    In Diwali vacations, I had a long drive, done 130 to 150 per hr. Absolute pleasure it is, she runs as good as newly delivered car after almost 2 years & 37000 km.

After 145 steering wobbles a bit .

Michelin PST tyres are absolutely comfortable.