1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  2. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    my pandit told me to wait for some time, he was so correct...:)
    anyways i am totally enjoying my avventura so far, no regrets, but everytime i come online i start feeling low by hearing/reading only bad things about fiat.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rohitsharma who told you bad things???

Wait till April end -- I will give u my drive details to Bhutan
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Bad things mentioned by prospective buyers on other forums are as follows.
    1) Non availability of dealership & ASS in their or nearby city.

2)Pathetic attitude of dealership. (TD, Sale enthusiasm)

3)possibility of Fiat shutting shop in India.

4)Lack of AMT, projectors, touchscreen ICE.

5)No new launches other than advanced versions of Punto.
  5. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado

1. Agreed . But unless sell rises who will invest money for a dealership ? And until there are dealers and service stations who will buy cars?

2. This has changed a lot in last 2-3 months. More needs to be done.

3. This is a rumor. If Fiat leaves India, Maruti (highest selling in India) and Tata Motors will die. So no chance

4. There is a basic difference between an European/ American and an Asian/Japanese cars at the same price band. European cars cares more about safety and japanese cars cares more about luxury. You have to choose which you need. You have to choose between a heavy door to protect you in a crash or an Touchscreen . AMT is needed , but that will increase the price. In that price band , I think there are better cars. For example with AMT maybe Avvy would be like 11.5 lakh on Kolkata Road. I would have then gone for Renault Duster at 12.0 lakh. without AMT

gpunto75 likes this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    All said and done, but it is difficult to convince ppl about safety in India.

Only thing I do is to refuse to sit inside these unsafe Marutis.
    Dr Nitin Dutta, Anup and gpunto75 like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The next-avatar of the Ecosport, the upgraded one being readied for Europe, the US etc will surely be upto-scratch: as the Avventura already was/is from form, content and price, powertrains etc, right from the outset. Relative to what a small Crossover might possibly be, beyond jus being a tall hatch.

The buying patterns in the Indian market are downright perverse, since they fly in the face of all the behavioural economics models that apply everywhere else in the world, from china and brazil to the usa and europe. They are the world's purest case of the mis-calculus of risk, price, and value, nevermind safety, engineering quality etc. Phenomeona at buyer/consumer-level that is at x in a comparable market like say Indonesia or brazil is at 5x in India: 'herding' is just a shorthand for a large number of market-distorting behavioural phenomena.

As you rightly said, the Ecosport example reveals that very clearly. Imagine: a lakh and a half cut in price at the second whiff of competition: from the Maruti S Vitara Brezza mjd, the first one being of course....the doomed-to-be-ignored Avventura mjd!

@Tornado

You might be interested to know that it is VERY VERY likely that the next 'New Avventura' (2017?2018?) for India will not be a FIAT at all, but a smaller-than-renegade JEEP. The project has been greenlighted in Brazil and will roll by end-2016: the engineering and design are close-to-over, apparently. Most likely it will be Ecosport+Brezza+TUV sized (4m), and will, and this has been confirmed in Brazil, be largely-similar under-the-skin to the new Punto (x6h) currently being tested there, also to-come to India in 2017. It will be a major export-in-large-numbers from india model, as well, being a JEEP.

Just as soon as FCA India firms this stuff up (beyond the Jeep stuff and plant expansion etc currently underway): they need to announce the product-launch plan and sequence for both Jeep and for Fiat. Soon. Just as they did under Enrico 2-3 years ago. AFAI can make out, that old product-plan is being adhered-to pretty er 'well', albeit with a 6-8 month delay vis-a-vis the Abarth launch, and minus the promised 1.6 mjd (given the steep fall in petrol prices).

So: if it is indeed the new Punto, new Grand Sienna, New Avventura---->new small JEEP and/or the small Fiat cuv the MOBI (by 2018) and not just the Jeep GC, Wrangler and the locally-made c-suv/Compass, they NEED TO SAY SO clearly and explicitly, soon, with an exact timeline, however much they get panned on the net for being too-slow etc etc. After all: the panning is inevitable no matter what and when, and so net-net the Fiat brand and dealers will only benefit from a transperant and loud 'promising'.
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  8. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Tornado : Sorry for hijacking your thread

Wanted to know about Avventura Long Term Review. How stable / Reliable is the Car after 20-30k kilometers ?
    Does the back wheel cover give any sounds while moving / on bumpy roads ? One will get used to the lengthy process of opening the boot ?
    What is the average Mileage of Diesel 90hp ?

Thank you
  9. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rkperumala1 if you want short term review (3500 km update) ...

car is stable and one feels confident ( i have grand i10 at home, avvy is 100 times better in this regard)
    there is no back wheel problem in new avvys.
    it is not lengthy at all,add 02 seconds more to others. btw how many times one opens boot, i had opened it max 6-7 in last 4 months.
    also one can access boot by folding rear seat, which is very easy to fold.
    over to @Subhendusc for mid term review and @Tornado for long term review..:)
    rkperumala1 likes this.
  10. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast