1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Year 2001,
    our family's first car : Fiat Uno Trends diesel.
    I use to sit on the passenger seat as I didn't knew four wheeler driving.

Year 2003.
    One day I got engaged with my then fiancee now better half. Next day She called up me to see her as she wanted to talk.
    By then, I had 2km experience of driving a four wheeler independently. I took out the car and drove down in the heart of Pune (a total of 30 km drive).

Then I brought my wife to my home in the same car next month after the marriage.

My only grouse against UNO was low GC and poor and costly ASS. Once oil sump broke due to GC leading to expenses equal to my monthly salary.
    So I decided to sell it with 1L km on odo pathetic resale value. And I decided not to buy a fiat car unless they come up with improved GC.
    Then we bought WagonR BS 2,Indigo LS diesel, WagonR BS 3,

Then came the time to replace the Manza. I liked Linea, as I got see few plying on the road. On internet, I came to know that GC was still poor and underbody getting scraped on bumps. Hence settled down with Tata Manza on the pretext of the engine being same.

Nov 14 ;
    Manza completed 85 kkm, And since 70kkm it started incurring additional ASS expenses @Rs 6 k /month on things such as timing chain, pretentioner, clutch, suspension over routine maintenance.

Also tyres and battery replacement was due.

So I thought, it is better to replace the car with new one, spending on EMI rather than the ASS of Manza.

Requirements :
    My father's WagonR is due for replacement next year. So I had opportunity to try combinations and permutations of new duo of the cars(one 5+ seater and other one 4 seater) . So in other words I wanted to purchase one apple and one orange and only question remained to be answered was what first.

BUT first car had to be diesel as my monthly running is 2k km.
    Also, running involves all kind of roads especially those full of pot holes and speedbreakers and our farms . Hence tolerable GC was a requirement.

Budget :8.5L to 10 L max.

Cars TD :

FORD Ecosport : liked everything except the butt jarring ride quality on bad roads. Also read a ownership review on other forum where owner's mother was complaining that why the ride comfort seems to be of a used car?
    Oh! I forgot to mention the price hikes announced regularly by the fords when there is slack in Indian automobile bussines.

Skoda Rapid :
    Liked everything except
    1)Although on paper it is 250 Nm torque, didn't felt it practically.At the beginning of TD, the TD executive said that usually customers get a scary feel during TD due to more torque and BHP as compared to competition. But at the end of TD she said that she herself got scared, such was the energy and enthusiasm applied while testing her (Skoda rapid).
    2)cost of spares (almost 1 and half times more than the competition) and horror stories of Skoda ASS. Don't know why only Skodas are refraining from localisation of spare part production when all other automakers are doing it on priority basis.?

Reynault Duster :
    Looks never attracted me.
    Ingress and egress was not as comfy as Terrano.
    Also felt some headache during ride on the passenger seat (probably marginal body roll or marginally soft suspension)

Nissan Terrano :
    Felt in love with her. All the drawbacks of the Duster were conspicuous by their absence in the Terrano.
    Only problem was Top end diesel was costing 2 L above my budget.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2015 ---
    Friends, accidentally I pressed the submit button on tapatalk before spell check and before I could compose the full post. Also edit time is over now.

Anyways, I will post remaining part ASAP.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Tornado thats nice write and waiting for next part and some nice photos of your Avventura.

I stay in Hadapsar and we have few members who stays in this locality.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My car shopping experience contd...

Reynault Scala :
    Same SE who gave me Duster TD, told me that since it is a sedan, you need to be careful on the speed breakers.

Yes, it needed to be taken to a speed below 10 km with all downshift.
    Gear box & shift of this 10 L car was equally notchy & rubbery as that of Rs 7 L Manza. Same was true about clutch. And pickup was also sluggish.
    However, I liked the interiors and exterior.

Sunny : Punny rear seat nullifies all the advantages of knee room and legroom, rest same as Scala.

Hyundai Verna :Rear seat was not as comfy as Manza. Suspensions crashed on most of the big potholes. Also topend model was way costly.

I was coming across a red RRE with its roof painted white for few days on my daily route during night time . I use to get her rear view from a distance. One day I happened to get close to her from rear and voila!, it turned out to be Elite i20.

i20 Elite : It was fulfilling all my requirements but on rear seat I felt some headache, soft though tweaked up suspension played a spoilsport here. Also interiors were not of my liking.
    Waiting period of 3 to 4 months was a no no for me.

Both these cars have addictive low end torque.

Chevrolet Sail Sedan : Again low end torque was superb, also built quality was better than Verna, Also body roll and suspension setup were better than verna.
    Added rear underseat storage space is boon for long journey.
    I wondered, why the heck this fiat powered car is lagging behind the Verna on sales chart?
    I did some research, and found that the MJD provided by the fiat was modified by chevy to call it a smart tech engine only to screw up the FE.

Honda city Idtec :
    I could get only 3 km TD. Noisy engine from a brand known for refinement was a letdown.
    I also learnt that the air intake inlet of the engine is placed low, it was so low that during rains it sucked water from roads screwing up the engine leading to expenses and headache worth 2 to 3 Lakh rupees for the owners. SE in Pune showroom confirmed the same and said dealer is now providing some extention for the inlet of the air intake so as to raise it up. Similar problem was reported by Amaze owners. Also one of my friend who owns Amaze said that once the airbag didn't deployed, also one sided brake was not working despite they were replaced three times. Now the car is taken back by Hondas.

Ford Fiesta 2014 :
    It was real pain for me to reject this car. Great seating position, superb low end torque. World class interiors.
    Reason to reject was that the underbody scrapped on a speed breaker on my usual route. My mother helped me saying that space is little lesser than Linea.

Fiat Linea : SE told me that Linea has best in class GC. Although you can get better GC in Sumo, Bolero and likes, best part of Linea is that despite high GC the suspension is tuned in such a way that you get a feel of sedan and not truck.

During TD, I practically confirmed his statement umpteen times. With five people on board, I took it on a off road track where only Ecosport, Duster, Terrano were allowed by respective SEs. And car didn't disappointed me at a speed of 30 to 40 kmph where other sedans and hatches were moving at snail's pace or were taking optional routes.

I passed it over all the big speed breakers (meant for prevention of chain snatching crimes committed using bikes), Linea was passing over them @40kmph without hassles most importantly without giving a scary feel to the passengers. On the same speed breakers, it was not possible for other sedans TD so far unless speed was reduced bellow 10 kmph!
    So almost finalised it, also there was whopping 1.5 L discount on the top end model.

Then it was turn of the Avventura. I TD this car for 4 times, on city roads, highway and bad roads during day and night time.
    Detailed TD report : in my next post.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Tornado. Avvy looks super cool. Have a nice Journey with it.
    Tornado likes this.
  5. sunil216

sunil216 Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Tornado!!! Fiat makes it tough to get to the car, but once you have it, you love it. I had similar experience as yours. Good luck with the beauty.
    Tornado likes this.
  6. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

congrats buddy.enjoy your ride.and do post your reviews,as i am also intrested in avventura.
    Tornado likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Tornado for your Avvy.
    Your Avvy needs now HD pics with beautiful surroundings, waiting for the same.
    Happy Smiles with more Miles.
    Tornado likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Extremely sorry guys for not updating , presently I am in love and kinda honeymoon is going on And I am living la vida loca.
    If you want to deaddict yourself from text mania, whats app etc you need to fall in love . Ya, I have named her 'Lovventura'.

Would be back once honeymoon is over till then lemme love her.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Happy swooning, honeymooning @Tornado. Nice to know its worth the troubles after-all.. ;)
    Tornado likes this.
  10. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Congrats @Tornado for excellent choice. Wish you many happy and safe mile munching..
    Tornado likes this.