1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @all avventura owners.. sir please check reviews of baleno, everything is being told good about hatchback including razor sharp handling,driving dynamics city and highway both,petrol mileage 21 etc...by carmagzines, plus biggest usp of wide range of service centres for complete peace of mind.
    BUT from bottom of my heart, i want avventura. just trying to convince myself is getting difficult. kindly help...:)
  2. Akhthar

Akhthar Timido

Kannur
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Subhendusc I dropped aspire due to eps. It's a bit risky in high speed, can easily go out of control while hydraulic stirring provides much more control and stability.
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Akhthar exactly for the same reason i dropped ES
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2015 ---
    @rohitsharma - Baleno is a hatchback and Avvy is a CUV. Please do not mix.

Do a test drive of both.
    Check the weight of the doors of both. Then decide.

If your cars have more breakdown , you need more service centers
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rohitsharma

The Baleno is apparently many many kilos lighter than even the flimsy Swift, from what the reviews state? For a much bigger, ostensibly safer car with abs and airbags in all variants? Am sure it's a better vehicle than either the Jazz or the i20 but.....i would not be wagering on such flimsiness, if I were you. Is it made of exotic alloys or carbon-composites? At 7-8 lakhs? Especially not for the petrol avatar, when the t-jet Avventura's around, now.
    rohitsharma likes this.
  5. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    thanks everyone for patient and generous advices, am hooked totally on avvy (will talk on colur variants later on :)
    just out of context,today i met a colleague, he had test ride of punto, was totally impressesed by ride quality still he went for honda.
    only reason was few service centres around and fear of unfortunate breakdown if any on road and one avbl in his hometown(jodhpur) closed down.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rohitsharma

Hey listen.....I've been hearing such fears about Fiat for 12+ years now, and they've yet to let anyone down to that degree, except in Assam for a few months, and even there they set up a new dealer and ASS centre. Mumbai currently has no dealer....but has the superb RS Motors as official FASS. And you're in Ahmedabad no less. PM the gujarat TFians if still feeling 'risk'-shy/tentative.

cheers
    Vinodh_Gowda likes this.
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rohitsharma - One thing I can tell with guarantee , if it is petrol variance , Honda is OK. They manufacture one of the best petrol engines. But if it is diesel , I would say big NO. The NVH level is quite high. You would hear the sound of the engine within the car. Even some reviews point it. Honda Amaze diesel and Mobilio Diesel is worthless. You will feel you are riding Indica. Take a ride with a Honda diesel which had run above 1000 km.
    Secondly spare parts are also costly.
    I am telling all these from my personal experience.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Please do not propagate such myths. The best control is the drivers mind and his/her hands. The only difference between HPS and EPS is the perceived "feel" of the road surface. The part heaviness of HPS is due to this feel of direct contact with surface. It is not a safety/stability issue vis-a-vis EPS. The stability/control is more due to the car chassis, suspension. There are many cars with EPS that feel decently heavy at high speeds. Note "feel heavy".
  9. Akhthar

Akhthar Timido

Kannur
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rohitsharma take a TD of all cars in ur list.

Rank each of them for:
    Looks
    Power
    How safely built it is
    Which all safety features it has
    Which has more convenience features
    Which one cost less? (Talk to dealers reg offers )
    Which one is more spacious?
    Which car has better ride quality?
    Which car gives u better stirring control?
    Which car has more mileage?
    More warranty?
    Less service cost?
    Less spare cost?

And finally select the one with the best aggregate points.

@acechip I talked from my exp, wonder how it could be stated as a myth. EPS was too smooth for me to feel like going a bit out of control, especially in turns at a bit high speed.
  10. Whencut86

Whencut86 Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @rohitsharma I own a Brio and I am looking to buy into a Fiat Avventura Abarth. Wanted to buy Avvy 1.3MJD but put my decision on hold hearing news about Abarth series. My main reasons moving to a Fiat from a Honda are
    build quality (really are built like a tank), steering feel, ride and handling. This is something you have to experience. Don't think Honda's, Hyundais and Marutis can offer all the above in one single car. One can close the doors of the above mentioned manufacturers by using a push from your little finger but not so in a Fiat. If you buy one car you will keep it for 6-7 years atleast. So think twice before buying. You wont be disappointed with a diesel Avvy since it has a slightly different engine setup than normal punto diesel and has very minimal turbo lag. So driving in city is relatively easy. You wont be disappointed with an Avvy. But if you can afford then go for the Abarth Avventura :)
    rohitsharma likes this.