1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rohitsharma, how much is the monthly running?

Before finalising the ecoboost wait for Abarth to get launched. Also read the Abarth reviews before taking final decision.
    And, believe me ES suspension is butt jarring. Avventura suspension is best in sub 10 L segment.
    prabhjot and Whencut86 like this.
  2. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado, my running will be 500 km office plus regular outings.

i am an avid traveller so it should be easily 800- 1000 km per month or may be more.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Abarth Avventura is the answer for you.
  4. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Isn't the ecoboost only available in titanium variants.... Even then it would be equal to the avvy diesel not the petrol.
    Subhendusc likes this.
  5. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rohitsharma I have taken the test drive and then commenting. I would request you to take the test drive. Inspect the cars nicely.
    Ask for the spare parts price list from both ford and fiat. Ask them the cost of paid service costs.

Ford is costly in spares. They are now reducing the prices seeing the competition from Avvy. They (kolkata) even offered me that they will match the price of Avvy.

But then ....
    Tornado and rohitsharma like this.
  6. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

ahmedabad
    ahmedabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @adisrini1103 ...new updated ecosport is available with trend+ in ecoboost.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2015 ---
    @Subhendusc thanks for advice sir, i will surely take the testdrive. but as you mentioned, ecosport ecoboost petrol is excellent then where to go if,trend+(ecoboost version) or bful avventura as both are evenly priced. will appreciate your insights.
    and honestly my biggest fear is what fiat closes down as it is selling in very few volumes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2015 ---
    @Tornado amen :)
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Subhendusc likes this.
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @rohitsharma as of today , if you plan for petrol version , my suggestion would be Eco sport. The mileage of Ecosport is better than that of Avvy Petrol. Secondly ecosport ecoboost is really good. Remember Fiat by themselves are masters in diesel engines just as Honda's petrol engines are one of the best.
    But riding comfort and suspension is better than Avvy. You will love Avvy in this area. Try to run ES in a Highway or vacant flyover at 110 kmph and try to take bends. You will have fears as you will feel roll in the body. With Avvy - never. Avvy is much more stable with anti roll bars installed.
    Fiat is and never was a vibrant player in the market. People who buys Fiat , buys it because of technology and safety. But fiat never closed down its Indian operations. So no fear from that area.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @rohitsharma

Fiat will support the dealers until the all-new cars come in end 2016, 2017, and the JEEPs too, starting early next year. They are commited to new brands and new models here, and are working to a (perhaps too slow?) plan, one they announced 2 years ago. FCA globally is doing better than ever, with expanding profits and a huge investment program, including India (esp for JEEP).

I don't know for sure but suspect that Fiat's dealer viability problem is for some in biggest cities (delhi ncr, mumbai, bangalore) with many dealers competing over a small pie, and not so much cities, like say Ahmedabad or say Indore or Coimbatore or Jammu or Patna or Kanpur or Kolhapur, with single dealers with lower real estate and HR costs and a lower investment base?

The Ecoboost is a 3 cylinder mere 1 litre turbopetrol with, therefore, huge turbolag and is disreputed in the US and in Europe for NOT delivering its claimed mileage figures in the real world. The US NHTSA has also fined Ford (and Hyundai) for making false and exagerated fuel efficiency claims on the ecoboost engines' behalf.

It is clear as day that the Avventura, both the diesel and esp the upcoming t-jet 'powered by abarth' one are not just much cheaper, much better values-for-money, but better than the Ecosport in almost every area, barring outright rear legroom and a slightly bigger bootspace.

The Ecosport is one of the biggest flops in the discerning European and UK market for crossovers and hatchbacks, for very good reasons imo, even though the model it is based on, the Fiesta hatch is hugely popular and much-praised critically.

The Ecoboost engine offered on the Ecosport has the engine fully imported, hence its exorbitant pricing, and hence its very tiny sales. Almost all Ecosports that sell are of the diesel and the 1.5 petrol, which last is certainly better overall than the Avventura's 1.4 fire petrol, now, soon to be replaced by the t-jet, though. Also, there are many more airbags in the topspec and a dual-clutch AT too, but for 1-2 lakhs more than the Avventura emotion, i think, even before the rather meaningful discounts.

A case for the Ford Fiesta sedan over the Linea could be made, a plausible one on some parameters, but not IMO for the Ecosport over the Avventura, 90 hp diesel mjd or 140 hp t-jet. The Fiesta, of course, has sold even less than the Linea ever did or does, and has had to be pulled off the market.

Sounds, then, to me like the Avventura t-jet/abarth makes the best sense for you, given what you've been posting.

cheers, may your decision making be joyful!;)
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    AFA ES vs Avventura prices are concerned, mefeels Avventura is correctly priced & ES is overpriced (I remember, they had hiked prices twice fir no reason just due to high sales figures)

ES has one advantage over Avventura, in city, steering experience is lighter /better. But on highways, nothing can match Avventura steering. We can call it a confidence inspiring steering experience.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado - Its perfect. ES steering is EPS - Electronic Power steering . Whereas with Avvy it is hydraulic power steering.
    But today i was driving Avvy in thickest traffic possible - Kolkata in the puja. The speed was - 2kmph - 15 kmph for about 2.0 hrs , dodging the auto and the cycle rickshaw. It was little hard , not as smooth like my old Wagon R , but then its OK.
    prabhjot likes this.