1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Avventura Arrived

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Tornado, Feb 1, 2015.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-check-up-camps-23-25th-july-2015.13038/page-35#post-841941532

Updated on 21 Jul 2015 16 : 46 IST

In the rain-drenched month of July, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India will be organizing a free monsoon check-up camp scheduled from July 23rd to 25th. The monsoon camps will be organised across country at Fiat’s authorized service centres. At the camp, the trained engineers of Fiat will provide 60 points check up among many other interesting deals like free wash and 10 percent discount on labour charges.
    Apart from sharing info of monsoon check-up camp on social media networks, FCA dealers will also contact customers through messages and emails to inform about the camp. At the dealership, you will also find discount of Rs 4,000 on GPS unit. ( Post discount the price is Rs 12,990.00)

Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA said, “FCA India is swiftly taking efforts to reach out to its current and prospective customers through check-up camps. The monsoon check-up camp is one of the important after- sales service activities conducted by us for the customers to ensure the safety of the vehicles during this season. We have seen a very positive response to all the check-up camps in the past and have therefore decided to organise monsoon check-up camp across India keeping the changing weather in mind.
    The automaker in order to expand its model lineup will launch the Abarth brand in India on August 4, 2015 with Fiat 500 Abarth 595 Competizione becoming the very first model. Adding on the next phase of operations, FCA (Fiat-Chrysler Automobiles) has also announced investment of $280 million for extension of Fiat’s Ranjangaon manufacturing facility to locally manufacture Jeep’s new SUVs from 2017!

Source: Car Dekho
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I was just going through various brochures & price lists gathered during purchase process of Avventura as a part of homework for buying one more car.
    And recalled that Emotion variant of Avventura is comparable to Titanium variant of Ford Ecosport. Most of the features are comparable. Only notable difference is of engine displacement of 250 cc.,
    And price difference after discount was 2.35 L!!!
    Does extra 250 cc costs 2.35 L?
    Do we have any thread comparing Titanium ES vs Emotion Avventura? 2015-07-27 21.27.34.jpg
    2015-07-27 21.09.48.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

Boss, the extra 225 odd cc don't have much value at all, close to zero in fact, since the 90 hp mjd on your Avventura is, in-gear from 20 to 60 and 40 to 100, as much as 3-4 seconds faster than the Ecosport, while being only half a sec or so slower from 0 to 60 km/hr.

I sourced these stats from the print editions of both Autocar and AutoBild.

That so many in the market cannot see the staggeringly unique engineering and design quality-for-the-buck, the sheer values of the best sorts for the money.......!:facepalm:
    kunwar.g likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yesterday, I got the 'seat height adjustment lever 'broken second time, as I needed to adjust the height at desired level repeatedly in a day. 2015-07-29 20.11.02.jpg
    2015-07-29 20.09.24.jpg
    Also the design of the lever seems to be faulty. Outer plastic part is too long as compared to inner metal part. Due to this extra length of plastic, the force is applied on the plastic part more than the metal part and the hollow plastic part tends to break if more than normal force is applied as was the case in my Avventura due to faulty height adjustment mechanism.
    Last time it was replaced @160 INR.
    Today, received a call from JV FASS,' seat height adjustment mechanism' had arrived at FASS,They asked me to bring the car to FASS & told me that it would take 3 to 4 hrs.

Dropped the car there at 11 am , but the spare part for problematic right rear seat bottom hinge is not yet arrived,
    Reasons :
    photos were of poor quality.
    Wrong spare part has arrived.

Meanwhile, they told me that they would be replacing the temponade/tampon(don't know how to spell the name) of the spare wheel gate,shown in white encircle in the bellow pic, (stock tempon consists of synthetic part outside & metal part inside which is responsible for rattle according to FCA) under warranty , so as to avoid the rattle. rps20150729_111908.jpg

Also, they also want to replace the whitish metal plate around the rod which enters the hole near the lock of the spare wheel,as shown in bellow pic 2015-07-29 11.18.01.jpg
    I told them that the spare wheel is not rattling as of now, and asked , why are you replacing it?
    They said that FCA wants them to replace the parts so as to avoid. rattle infuture

Bellow are the pics after replacement.

rps20150729_191041.jpg rps20150729_191112.jpg rps20150729_191142.jpg

After completion of the Height adjustment mechanism replacement work, I saw a Laptop connected to my car. I asked them, why so?
    They said FCA has updated the software so as to avoid jerks while driving, and they did the same with my car FOC.

Finally, I received my car at 4 pm.

Seat height adjustment lever' was not in stock, hence only 'height adjustment mechanism ' was replaced. And till now(40 km drive) , it seems to be working smoother than before & as desired.
    I need to take it on long drive to see if it's maintaining the height.

Overall satisfied with the proactiveness of FCA & positive attitude of the FASS but availability of the spares is still a problem with JV FASS. With Pandit FASS closing down soon they need to keep their drawers full.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Today, to my surprise or say, not to my surprise, Though the boot & spare wheel gate was locked properly, MID was showing 'boot open' warning. rps20150730_083521.jpg
    My reaction was like 'what the heck! `
    I started cursing the JV FASS inside my mind, Then I was just about to head towards JV FASS, however I decided to opening the spare wheel gate & the boot lid and then closing it once, and voila!, the warning disappeared.

Anyways, Monsoon is back in Pune, rps20150730_112417.jpg rps20150730_112748.jpg rps20150730_113224.jpg rps20150730_113301.jpg rps20150730_112922.jpg rps20150730_113128.jpg
    rps20150730_114259.jpg rps20150730_114349.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do not worry about the boot open message ,i too got it recently.One hard bang of boot door,thats it, message disappeared :D.
    Nice pics.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Question to Avventura owners : Maximum attainable height of my driver seat is almost equal to the front passenger seat. And it can be decreased bellow that level but not above. Is it the same case with all of you?

Today, afternoon, received a call from FCA, about feedback regarding seat height adjustment mechanism. I told them that it is satisfactory.

Then they enquired about rear seat problem. And told me that it would be taken care soon.

I also told them to improve on the design of the height adjustment lever.

With in half an hour, I received a call from warranty claim fellow from JV FASS, he asked me to bring the car morrow morning as the rear seat bottom spare part is going to arrive today itself.

I was surprised to see the quickness on the part of both the automaker & the FASS,however I had to express my inability to go to FASS as I would be going for a long distance trip.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have ordered TFI stickers on line, yet not arrived, but got a call from 'em saying that there is some problem in supply of good quality vinyl & soon it will be sorted out, & stickers would be delivered.

Guys, suggestions are welcome for location on the Avventura to stick them.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Got the rear seat bottom hinge replaced few days back.
    Happened to visit my farms, my father has added one more ride to our garage rps20150831_233626.jpg rps20150831_233445.jpg

Update :
    Today, got the R-ORVM hit by the ORVM of upcoming i20, Body coloured outer cover fallen down along with mirror glass.
    Mirror is broken in multiple pieces,however I could replace the outer cover back in place as none of the hooks are broken.I am worried about the exposed wires of the indicators especially in case of rain water.

20150831_182329.jpg
    But the outer cover has received some scratches over the colour & the glass of the turn indicator. 20150831_182301.jpg
    20150831_182253.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Called up Jay Vijay FASS : ORVM glass not in stock. They placed order today. It would arrive within four days.

Called up Pandits FASS : mirror glass not in stock. And the FASS would be closing on 10th of Sept forever.

I didn't dared to call the sky moto FASS.

One thing which I liked about ORVM is that the turn indicator bulbs are housed in the outer cover and the mirror adjustment motor is located in the central core behind the mirror glass.
    The motor is connected with the bulbs with a clip & not the wire. So whenever outer cover gets dislodged, bulbs get disconnected from the motor as the clip also gets dislodged so that cover doesn't hang by wire and doesn't lead to pulling or breaking of the motor & the wires.
    prabhjot and mangeshtendulkar like this.