1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally an introduction for my Italian beauty (Linea MJD Emotion PK)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Jotinder, May 27, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Jotinder - The car does look like absolutely born this moment. However, how do you feel these guys are different from 3M. I got the paint protection for new car done at 3M for about 4K and even after 2 months, I really just need to dust it as the synthetic wax is still there. Since you have used both the companies, thought it would be good to get a comparison. Also, you earlier posted that you got "Teflon" coating at 3M. Are you sure it was Teflon 'cuz to the best of my knowledge, they don't do Teflon.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I know its not teflon coating, but thats what they say. 3M treatment in my case use to last 4-6 month due to the fact that i use to get the second free coat done in 2-3 month. 3M treatment never lasted the whole year as claimed.

You cannot compare Car Detailing with 3M Protection.This is detailing of interior and Exterior of the car like for a show car. The car is looking even better than the new car, exterior are shining like mirror and interior are spotless and looking like a show car. As fas as how long it will last, lets wait and watch. I have already been told that exterior detailing will last at the max for 3-4months.
    But if you ask me right now, i am really happy with the finish on my car. Much better than the 3M finish.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    excellent! Do post your experience after 3-4 months on how long did the wax last etc.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There is a thing even FIATians hardly bother about, who have been driving FIAT's since decades.
    The paint quality, door hinges, link rods, suspension components doesn't even bother you for any maintenance what so ever. In Indian conditions, it's nothing less than mind blowing. All day i see BS 3 cars looking aged, exhausted & broken of other makes but hardly see a BS-1, BS-2 palio which is still not looks & ride gracefully on the road.
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    You are absolutely right Enki. Fiat cars are made as tank :)
  6. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    More clear images from distance that all the four angel rings visible would be better
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I would upload it soon.
  8. macmahon

macmahon

Mumbai
    Hi, I am from Mumbai. I have Linea 1.3 MJD and got it modified with 2 pairs of Bi-xenon projectors. Low beam -- Bosch e46 3" and High beam -- Gen5 2". The invertor driving the rings has dual output but was not able to get both the rings ON. It seems that the power from parking light is not sufficient to drive both rings. Hence only the Bosch ring is currently operational. Can you help me with information how you could achieve getting both the CCFL rings ON simultaneously.

Have you experienced that when HID is switched ON the media player (pen drive) pauses for 10-12 seconds and then resumes where it has paused?
  9. Hey Jotinder....your car looks really awesome..I am also planning to go for RACE-CHIP and Projector headlamps for my Punto 1.3 MJD active.

I am based in Delhi too...it would be really great if you can provide the details of the person or place from where you got your all jobs done professionally?

Regards,
    Ashish
  10. @JotInder,
    What is the Settings that you use in the RaceChip?? the Left rotor and the right rotor settings?? and what is the FE you are getting... I tried stock settings and found its not good and there is No increase in Power as i expected.. Hence i tunned it Left to "D" and right to "1" but i feel the engine is strained a bit in this setings with full load, Jishnu suggested me to Have "e" "3" and cvanadh suggested me to use "3" and "1" i am yet to try these, So i wanted to know yours so that i can try all the settings before fixing mine in one stable settings... BTW mine is Punto MJD