1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally am writing my Ownership review.......

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pradeepms, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur no power for front num plate... It is the reflection of my camera light..... Looks good right.... :p
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Continuing my mod journey.....
    1 added PUNTO at the bottom of back door
    2 P from punto added below side indicator
    3 Italy flag added above side indicator (my heart was saying to add India flag, bcoz of restrictions i dropped that)

IMG_20150716_180058.jpg IMG_20150716_180039.jpg

IMG_20150716_185537.jpg
    Raaz, prabhjot, Deepak and 1 other person like this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i think Italy flag should come over the indicator for the symmetry :)
    Pradeepms likes this.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah @Deepak i told that guy, but he told this will look good.... Otherwise after some days we will change... He was in hurry to go to namaz and to break his fasting....
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just an update... I was thinking to get a player with usb or aux or both and i saw in one of the vehicles in my office with front screen (sticked to irvm) and it has usb, memory card reader and reverse camera and Bluetooth where we can connect our phone. I felt this is better deal and took same model worldtech 7" screen with reverse camera. Happy that i got now usb acces and phone via Bluetooth and now i can play all my fav songs.. Yezssss
    But one negative... Thing is clarity from my phone via Bluetooth is good but if i play music from usb.. quality reduces.... :depressed::spiderman:
    So this is almost equal to fm transmitter with some extra add ons....
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2015 ---
    But overall am ok and happy... :)
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    accidentally done the 3rd service(30k or 2yr service)
    29/08/2015 - saturday
    Me and my family travelling to Bangalore, after long time(after 5 months) I was going for long drive in my car, so pretty excited (mainly wanted to race some swifts ;-) ) near to mandya (city on the way to bangalore) my punto's speed limit indicator buzzed 3 times instead of once( speed limit indicator set to 80) and I thought some thing may be wrong and after couple of minutes I observed speedo meter is not running and in the display nothing is showing (kmpl, distance to empty...), then I stopped near mandya and called up mysore fass and they told that might be some wiring issue nothing to worry and I can carry on with my journey and they told me to start anf switch off the engine and that might start to work and I did that, by doing so I found one more shockerrrr... CHCK ENGINE alarm started to come if I start the engine.... shitt... at this moment I was in shock and thought I might have to go back and called up mysore fass guys and they told give some break and start and switch off the engine that might go otherwise come slowly to mysore or go to bangalore and show to any FASS and I thought this is not going to happen and I might call road side assistance or towing service and I thought let me try giving some break and then I tried to start the engine.... oh shit... still that ENGINCE CHECK alarm is coming... man I cud not explain my situation at that time.. again I gave some 5 mins break and decided to go back to mysore and go to fass for check up.. thinking so I started the engine... MAGICCC.. that check engine alarm i not coming... and again I caled up fass with out switiching off and they told I can go to bangalore and if again that appears then i can go to any fass in bangalore... I took double confirmation from them and started my journey to bangalore and my eye was always on that saala check ENGINE.. light... :-( forget swift I was afraid to overtake alto and other minos also and i was not going over 2000 RPM (as speedo meter was running, only rpm and heat guage was running), only RPM meter was my life saver.....
    in the middle decieded call Sharanappa from KHT bangalore, (which I wanted to try for my next service) and he told sunday they will be opening the service station and he asked me to come by 9am.
    I reached my destination safely and I was waiting for next day 9am..
    Next day I reached KHT service station whitefield Bangalore and I called up Sharanappa (he was not there in service station and he told me to meet vivek) and I also called up Tauseef who is into sales in KHT and he gave me one reference (mr.Velu).. and I explained all my problems to Velu and Vivek and they were confident of solving all my problems and they told vehicle will be ready by 5 in the evening and I stayed for some half an hour then my friend came there and I went with him to meet some more friends.....
    Below are the list of issues itold them to fix
    1. Front Suspension noise (which was pending from last one year)
    2. uneven tyre wear out
    3. Speedo meter is not working and display is also not showing anything
    4. CHECK ENGINE alarm (which came and disappear after half an hour)
    5. there was jerk in 2nd and 3rd gear after that check engine
    6. 3rd service(30k or 2yrs)
    7. back manual windows was very hard and was very hard to bring glass down.

4pm.... I called up Velu and asked what is the status and he told front susupesion took so mauch time and we are doing other things and i t will be ready in another one hour...
    5pm... I got a call from vivek telling my car is ready and i was very happy to hear that and Itold him I will be there in half an hour but bangalore traffic ate my time and I went there by 6pm and they were closing there shop and it was like they were all waiting for me... I took a test drive.. first impression.. WOWWW... car was very smooth (ofcourse after your ALL oil change service) and front suspession noise gone.. and i went some 1 km and while coming back I observed speedo meter is not working.. and then I told Velu.. what is this speedo meter is not working and I told you this is the main problem... and he was also shocked and I cud see in his face he has missed out to see this... and he told when he took test drive it was working.... (but I dont believe that).. and he took back my car inside the service station and switched on all the lights and called only technician(who has already changed his dress and ready to go home) left in the service station (remember it was already 6:30pm and it was SUNDAY).. and he started to look out where the problem is... and after 15 mins they found that speedometer WORM has some issue and some piece is stuck in gearbox thread....
    I told ok.. please fix it now.. and Velu told no sir it will take minm 2hrs and we will do it tomorrow and now you can take ur vehicle and come back tomorrow... I told him boss.. am staying some 3o+kms away from ur service center and i cant come tomorrow as it is monday and it will huge traffic jams everywhere in bangalore.. and i told him I dont want to drive now as u r telling there is some piece is tuck inside gear box and that may lead to some thing else which is serious, so i will keep my car in ur service station and u can work on it next morning and give asap (before 12pm) and I want to go back to mysore.. thay told ok and then I told them please arrange something for me to go back as am staying very far that they cud not do anything finally I went on my own.... but whole night I was thinking even KHT people is not they cud not fix all the issues..
    Next day morning Icalled up Velu @10am and he told thay are doing my car only as they have to remove gear box and then remove that piece which will take time... then I told ok give me a call once it is done...
    11 am... no call from them I just called Velu to ask what time it will get over and how much time it will take so that I can plan my return journey to mysore with my family... here is the shockerrr... Velu is not picking up the phone... 3 times i called and he didnt receive...
    12pm.. again I called.. he didnt receive and I got a message "am in a meeting sorry I cud not pick "... warre wahh...
    12:15pm cald up Vivek and he told issue has been fixed and they are again putting back all the things that they have dismantled(gearbox, battery... ).... and he told it will take another 1 hour and he will call back...
    1pm.. I tried to call Vivek.. am getting busy... I cald up sharanappa.. busy... wufff.. call Velu.. he is not answering the call..... wufff i got pissed off..
    1:15pm I called up Tauseef (from sales) and he told he will look in to it and call back regarding the status of my vehicle....
    1:30pm.. no call from Tauseef.. so I called Tauseef...... again shockerr... Tauseef not receiving the phone.... U can imagine my situation here... :banghead::spiderman::hungry::jawdrop:
    I was thinking.. if i wud have given in mysore I wud have seen my car infront of me and easy to go to fass and here in bangalore it will take more than 1.5hrs as am almost more than 30kms away.......
    1:33pm... call from Tauseef.. and he told... sorry sir.. they are not picking my call also...... and I will call back u asap
    :banghead::banghead::banghead: WTF.. I thought and started to take lunch and decided Iwill only go and see what is happening there.....

1:50pm: called up Velu... no onswer... called vivek he told car is ready and he is in search of driver and he will send ASAP...
    2pm... Icalled up Sharanappa... he told he will check and call back...
    2:05pm Tauseef called me... Sir car is ready and driver is leaving now... you can call to them.... then I told boss.. no one is responding correctly and I have called everybody and he gave on land line nummber to call....
    I thought before that I will call sharanappa again... 2:15pm... I cald Sharanappa.. he told Driver has taken the vehicle and he is on the way .. then Itold no boss.. am ready t ocome and am also starting now from here.. and am coming.... then he told no sir... driver has already left the service station... I asked him to give me his number.... after 5 mins I received driver number....
    2:30pm.. received a call from unknown number... and he was driver... and he was asking me exact location to deliver the vehicle.... at that time I got confirmation that am receiving my car today only..... and I told him the location
    3:30pm.. Driver again cald me and asked place (as he was new to that area)..
    3:45pm.. he came to the landmark I told (which was 1km away from where I was staying) and again guided him to come near my place.... wuffff isaw my car and was bit happy inside but... I was trying to explain my situation and how they behaved.... without giving me correct status... If they cud have told me in the morning itself that they will deliver by 2pm or 3pm I wudn't have thought so much or calld so much... they told to complete the work by11 and deliver by 12..... and later they stopped receiving my calls....

I test drive the car.. it was good and all the problems were solved... and was bit happy inside... but still angry abt their lack of communication......
    Reached mysore safely without any issues.... mainly without getting CHECK ENGINE alarm... ;-) :smuggrin:

And for all this... they have charged 9337 (including all oil change, WA)
    abhinav_nani and Deepak like this.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Glad that all your issues with the car are resolved now.
    and about the delay caused: You need to have Patience while dealing with FIAT :) Good to know KHT live up to the expectation \m/
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes... Overall am happy... Except that they didn't communicate properly
    Deepak likes this.
  9. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    During my last service kht fass told me to change break pads after 500kms and before changing we have to do skimming of discs... Since skimming was taking time and also they told it will run for another 500kms i told them that i will change in mysore fass and took vehicle delivery....... Yesterday i was bit free and i have driven around 800kms after my service decided to go to fass and check break pads and fass people as expected told me to change break pads and mysore fass people told me they wont do skimming and they directly change the discs... So they didn't do skimming and they have changed break pads and billed me 3900 (3500 for pads + 400 labor) and also they told discs looks good and i can change during next service....
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2015 ---
    Break pads change @23k is this normal or iam breaking too much?
    And how much kms can be driven after disc skimming mysore fass told me after skimming only 1k kms is drivable and after that we will get sound when we break.....
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Deepak likes this.
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday i noticed left headlamp is getting dull.... Is that bcoz am using 90/130 bulbs??

Anyone can help me to get rid of this headlamp dullness.
    I tried cleaning by using toothpaste it didnt workout much, but there is a slight improvement....