1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally am writing my Ownership review.......

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pradeepms, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    in 2005.....
    I was in my finaly SEM MCA..... and My friend was doing some reaserch to buy car and we went to TATA showroom and of course instead of TATA cars, we started to enquire about new beauty launched at that time and we sat inside and started to feel the PUNTO... I was not knowing driving at that time so I just started in driver's seat and feeled steering and it felt awesome and cribbing I just got down from the car "dont know when I will buy CAR", If Iam buying.. I shud buy some thing like this.... and we continued our research and finally my friend and his family postponed thier plan of buying car....
    in 2009....
    My TL was planning to buy a car and he was doing all the reasrch and we used to discuss and I was getting all the information from him advantages and disadvantages of different cars.. he TD almost alll the cars available I believe and finally he decided to buy SWIFT petrol and told me about his decession and he told me I didnt try PUNTO... then I told him you have to try that also and we called for TD.. at that time I just got my DL and I was just out from driving school and he told me do some TD and you will get some experience till you buy the car.. ;-) then we TD PUNTO he told me he is getting confused because Swift and PUNTO both are good (mainly he was comparing pickup)... at that time I was not liking SWIFT's Shape and looks... and my TL told me u TD Swift and we called Swift guys to our office in Whitefield and for the first time I drove SWIFT and I completely bowled over the pick up and I also told him your choice is good and go for Swift and he bought the same....
    25/Aug/2011....
    my last day in Bangalore and I was moving to Mysore (the heaven, and ofcourse am from mysore) as I got an oppurtunity to work in Mysore.
    At that time I had maruthi Zen(2005 model, LXI), as it was my first car (bought in 2010) I had full love on that and enjoying every ride.....
    when I joined the new company in Mysore, I met couple of new friends and they were car enthusiasts like me(one of them owns a small garrage) and we were talking about cars and alterations all the time during our breaks.....
    In between I was enjoying my long drives and city drives in my Zen and once I was travelling to Bangalore with my family and near mandya.... I saw that heat meter(temperature) is going up and it is almost reaching MAX and I stopped and as usual i called my friend and he told wait for some time and try to go further and check in mandya for some garrage.. then I continued my journey slowly and changed coolant for several times and somehow slowly reached Bangalore (total journey time 5.5hrs, normal days 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs), then I went to some garrage in banglaore he told everything looks ok and some times fan might stop running and this might happened and he gave direct connection from battery to fan and fan was running all the time and I drove back to mysore safely (of course slowly) then I went to my normal service center(mandovi motors) and showed to them and they told there is no problem with the vehicle and I showed to another local garrage he told there is no problem but he will clean the Radiator and if there is any problem it will fix... later I didnt face any problem but in my mind I was thinking.. I may get same problem... I may get same problem....
    This incident puzzeled me and started to think about buying a new car and also at that time petrol price was increasing like anything and my friends in office were buying diesel cars and I started to think about diesel cars.... My 2 of my friends bought ford figo, which they got in some offer and they were insisiting me to buy figo and I was in dilema to buy petrol or diesel and if petrol which car and if diesel which car....
    Started analysis through team BHP and carwale.. they were giving if you travel more then go for diesel and less usage go for petrol (which is a common dialogue).. I was still in Dilemma and started thinking more... then I started to test drive.. I was always attracted towards Swift because of looks and alterations which people were doing. So I started with Swift, I tested both petrol and diesel and i was still not decided whether petrol or diesel :)
    I liked both petrol and diesel :) again confusion, my friend (who was owning garraage, later they sold that gaaraage) told me Swift is good car but safety wise its not preferred, if you are fond of swift then go for high end with ABS, atleast braking might be good in that and my budget was not there to buy high end so i started to research again... :)
    my figo friends were insisting to buy figo and I was not impressed by height and sound of figo diesel and regarding petrol figo, I was feeling no pick up.....
    Later I met my old friend (who is a hyundai fan, has getz and old verna, both petrol) and obviously he insisted me to go for hyundai-Petrol and then I test drove i-20 diesel (petrol i-20 was not there when i went for TD), liked all the aspects of i-20 pickup handling ineriors and overall looks, but price (for diesel) bit high for me and I called up my old manager (who has i-20 petrol) and asked abt his review and he told "boss... no pick up I have to change to 1st gear in most of malls exit (coming from undergroung parking)" and I also remebered once he called me to ask how steep is this CHAMUNDI HILLS (near mysore) because he is driving his own car i,e i-20 petrol.... then I dropped the idea of I-20..
    Regarding POLO... I test drove it when it was launched, I was not impressed with pickup and rear seating (very very crampy).. and also people were telling ASS is not good and very costly. so I didnt even go into the VW showroom also...
    After 1-2 weeks of break I decided that I will go for Swift petrol- VXI - white (which is common color and liked by most of them) whch was fitting my budget and anyways I was fond of SWIFT... :)
    That weekend I saw one add in newspaper... Offers on PUNTO buy diesel cars for petrol price !!!!!! Then I was thinking.. why I didnt think about PUNTO... omg... that was because diesel punto was bit high priced then my budget and petrol punto was giving less mileage than swift.. phew...
    Next day I told this to my friend about this offer and my decession and my friend told lets go and TD you will see the difference between swift and punto... I TD Punto diesel and I was impressed very much and especially liked the heavy doors and the sound when close it.. omg.. and I was thinking why I missed it in my list and why I didnt think abt this.... then we had discussuin with sales guy and he told if am excahnging then iwill get more benefits and he told how much exact discount I will get that he will call and tell you later.... then we came back to office and started to discuss ...... I was happy that I was almost making up my mind towards PUNTO.... but I was missing the smoothness of petrol vehicle (Zen in my case) and pick up of petrol vehicle.... my friend was impressed with the discounts that the show room guys was offered and he told best vehicle and best price go for it..... again I started to think petrol or diesel... swift or Punto.. OMG took 2 days and TD one of colleagues PUNTO agian and decided that this will be my next CARRRRR... hurray.... then convinced my family.. because previously we decided Petrol Swift.. now again changing my mind.....
    I took my family for booking and before booking i took my family for TD.. my mom impressed by PUNTO's looks and when she sat inside and literally she could not easily close the door and she was happy that this body is so heavy and she told... good choice and feels safe inside... wow.... Then my wife and me decided Tuscan wine is good and we thought less PUNTO in TW and it will be noticeable in mysore.. but later we cud find more TWs.. :-(
    Everybody happy.. and booked PUNTO-Active MJD - Tuscan Wine and after 20 days we got delivery on 06-Sep-2013 and that too just 2 days before Ganesh Chathurthi we got new member to our family and we were all happy..... I was also felling proud and happy that now I am a FIAT/Ferrari family... ;-)
    Changes I made before delivery
    1) fog lamps
    2) painting door handle and rear view mirror with Tuscan wine color
    3) remote lock (got it as offer from show room)
    4) front door sil
    5) front grill change to Silver from black
    After one week I changed
    1) Horn - Bosch
    2) Seat covers
    3) 90/100 bulbs with philips relay kit
    Zen was very small car and when am inside PUNTO .. I was feeling like am sitting in a very very big car (like innova, coz height was more than Zen).. wowww.. cant explain the feeling...
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    long delayed.. but worth the wait. nice write up. hope you enjoy the solidity for years to come. congrats!
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG_20150529_125220.jpg IMG_20150529_125220.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2015 ---
    @harryaviator thanks buddy... yup enjoying the beast.... feels good when u r inside.. ;-)
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations,happy motoring.
    Pardon my ignorance but what are TL,DL,etc....
    Fiat fan Yuva and prabhjot like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What he means is Driving Licence DL and Team Leader TL. I hope this is correct.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome @Pradeepms to TFI. Keep writing and share your experiences.
  7. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @Bala TL = team leader, TD= Test Drive
    Sorry If I have confused.. some of these I learnt from TeamFiat.com only.....
    @ghodlur .. thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    Thanks @Saket Sidana .... posted one more thread "My expereince.... in last 21 months"
    Cheers
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    @Bala TW=Tuscan Wine
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Deepak this is part-1 of my ownership thread.. ;-)
    Deepak likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Pradeepms : oh maga, you have two threads running ? :) you can add all your experience in this thread and continue writing here.
    Not all dare to buy Fiat and one weird thing whoever takes Fiat their first preference was Swift. funny but true ;)
    Pradeepms likes this.
  10. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Deepak yeah first I was having plans of writing one.. but my write up went on pretty loooonggg... and I thought if I write like this nobody will read... ;-) so thought of splitting...

Yeah.. first we like swift and then think swift's father is fiat (because swift uses FIAT engine) so we think Father is better.. :p
    Deepak likes this.