1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally after two long years...:-)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Arjunbhargava, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi to all,,

Finally got hold of my new 1.3mjd active punto yesterday...Hope you guys help me out here for sure...specially its my 1st diesel car ..(own Fabia petrol & I10 cng) . I would expect some help in driving manners I need to follow with the new MJD engine.. Also I would some good ICE dealer suggestions for my active version specially in New Delhi
    bharath and prabhjot like this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Arjunbhargava and welcome to the forum!!
    Delhites will surely assist you on the queries:)
  3. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Ya I would be waiting for there response ..
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Arjunbhargava

Hi there, great choice there, the best available!

Tips from a Delhi ncr fellow fiat owner:

(a) don't worry or fret about the car, even if you notice things that you think are off. Don't be paranoid. The several FASS in delhi ncr are mostly ok-to-excellent. Be sure to service it properly and thoroughly, though, preferably under your own watchful eye.

(b) run-in the engine, avoid over-revving, keep changing revs if on the open road, learn to adjust your gear shifting to the torque-rev band. Feel free to stay in the slow/short gears 1 and 2 if in dense traffic, no point upshifting to a torqey third gear if you're going to have to slow down again and therefore have to downshift shortly down the road. The engine (and even gearbox) will open-up and smoothen out over the first several thousand kms.

(c) be sure to drive on open roads as much as you can, in higher gears at somewhat higher speeds: that's where the fun factor comes in, that's where the car's deep engineering-quality of suspension, chassis, steering and braking shines through, that's where this small mjd engine's excellence lies.

cheers, man, enjoy! Keep posting.
  5. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @prabjhot ...I have taken it to 135kmph on the delivery way back home and the way it flew past the corners at ridge road was awesome(better than fabia) truely a pleasure to drive...Planning a long trip in Rajasthan once I get my registration done..Kindly let me know if you have know any good ICE installer in delhi as well ...
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the Punto @Arjunbhargava. There is an ICE thread and couple of associated threads. Do take your question there. It would be nice if you can suggest you budget for the same.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @asimpleson ,

I have gone through ICE portal but I am damn confused(rms power ratings on off amp and all ) so I am looking for a specific and good setup my range is 25 k at start will keep on adding on per month after that... Hope u will suggest something good ...I am a bass junkie with lots of skrillex in my playlist ...I have spent lots of money on my i10 and fabia with rock ford and hertz but not satisfied :-(
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats @Arjunbhargava :).Hope you have fun filled and sweet journey in this car.It takes such a courage to buy a Fiat..Welcome to this weird world :D
  9. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Ya specially the dealer even doesnt expect you are buying the car :)
    prabhjot likes this.