1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally a proud owner of Fiat Linea

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by amishpats, Jul 2, 2013.

1. amishpats

amishpats Timido

Mumbai
    After months and months of search for a good deal on Used Fiat Linea, finally got one.

Few months ago a collegue of mine was planning on buying a car. He start from Swift and finally drilled down on Linea. We had around 2 TDs of this car (or should i say Caaaaaar...). That time I didn't knew driving a manual transmission car. I had earlier driven auto transmissioned car while at onshore from my cmopany. After driving all the highend cars, I never liked any cars here in India for the budget that I had. When we were test driving, I just had a feel of the driver seat and the steering wheel and I fell for it. Decided if luck favours oone day I will own this car for myself.

Soon I started visiting sites for searching a good used car in sedan class. I found vernas, fiestas and had almost finalized on an Aveo. But fortunately, when I went to finalize for Aveo it was already sold and I do not regret it now. The very next day the dealer called me up saying he has a Linea in his showroom. That day it was raining too much. Without bothering about the rain, I told my wifey get ready and we are going for the Linea. Reached the showroom, saw the car and me as well as my wife decided this is the one we are looking for. Next day showed it to my dad and he also approved it. Now the last approval was left from some professional who knows too much about the car. Dad brought him to the showroom and we had a test drive for it. And bingo he approved and I then and there gave the token money for this beautiful car; a Silver colored Fial Linea Dynamic. 2009 model, 38300 kms done for just Rs 2.85L.

After a week and a half of clearing with the remaining amount, and after few days of joining the driving school. Decided I will be driving it from showroom to home. And this Sunday on 30th June, I took its delivery and drove to my home. Its really a head turner. Even during the day when I uncover it, people walking by just turn around to have a look at it. And I feel proud that I have it (The head turning machine).

The dealer gave me the vehicle in mint condition. At first glance you won't know it is a used one. People here in office were surprised on knowing it is a used one.

Still in process of getting used to manual transmissioned car, but last 2 days I drove it and I am enjoying the sturdiness and smoothness of this car's ride. Am loving it... :cool:

Pics will upload them later.
    3 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Awesome. Welcome to the forum and hope you have a pleasant time here. Do post pictures.

All the best,

Rajan
  3. amishpats

amishpats Timido

Mumbai
    IMG_0155.jpg IMG_0157.jpg IMG_0164.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI Amish..great story of buying ur dream car..Nic pics too..enjoy and have a great time with ur Minimal grey Linea..Happy miles..
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on your buy!

The car is simply awesome. Hats off to the guy who has maintained this beauty in such good shape!

- - - Merged Post - - -

One more question, how does the dynamic have the chrome strips over the doors & bumpers? I guess dynamic did not have it back then.

Guys correct me if I am wrong.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    That is some deal. Congrats!
    The car does not look the usual "used" one.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    what was the deal on this linea?
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @the black 2.85 L..