1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally a Ownership Report of My Beauty PUNTO @ 3rd Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by SOOZ_P, Nov 10, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just gave the vehicle. Yup no need to replace TC. Said no for WA. AC cleaning also not required, but they found some rust n said will check and if needed will clean. Approx cost Rs 13000 including fiat floor mats.
    Deepak likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    For engine flushing they do use a Bardahl product, MRP of which is around 700. I am not sure how effective it is so i generally avoid it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2015 ---
    13000 k is a bit on the higher side. they do give a little high estimate so that the customer haggles less while paying. I dont think it will cost that much. what is the cost of mats? Is there any extra work needed apart from the regular service?
    Deepak likes this.
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Shams they said it's bit higher side. Floor mat 900 but they look for some discount what they informed. Some suspension noise is there from rear side. Ext warrenty valid till jan'16. Hope nothing major.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At least at KHT, this engine flushing is being advocated for every customer during oil change. As Sham mentioned, not sure of the effectiveness of the same! Sooz, its better to obtain floor mat outside. Check Amazon for 3D mats.
    Pradeepms and Deepak like this.
  5. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    The mat supplied by FIAT(supposed to be original) are not so great. The ones i have bought are GREY in shade and tend to get very dirty especially in rains. They are not easy to clean also. Though they have a velcro at back for front mats so that it sticks to the carpet, a good point. I had also bought the same for 900 INR.
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Deepak i think they will just change the oil no flushing and all....
    Deepak likes this.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got a surprise news. Got a call from SA Satish that i need to change my brake pads as its completely worn out. However, the disk is ok and no need to replace. My first brake pad replaced at 8k kms at first and after 30k kms again it need to be replaced. I think it makes sense but not sure i have never felt any braking issues. So another around 4K dent to pocket :( . I will collect the car tomorrow and will update the details here.
    Deepak likes this.
  8. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How come you wore out your first set at 8K kms? thats way way too early. Well keep us posted thought.

the third/fourth set of pads and rotors I change them as a combo on my cars, I routinely change them irrespective of the condition as my cars are usually run around 60k kms by then.

And yes, they dont let you feel anything in the cabin, but when you have panic braking situations rotors do show their age after 2-3 brake pad set changes on them.
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Due to manufacturing defects rotors n pads gone at 8K kms. Those were replaced with no lobour costs and 50% cost discount.
  10. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

okay. understood.