1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally a Ownership Report of My Beauty PUNTO @ 3rd Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by SOOZ_P, Nov 10, 2013.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @SOOZ_P More review please. I am planning to do the change in next two weeks.

Is the initial pickup really bad, or marginal after the upgrade.

Experts: Any more thought on the initial pickup issue after upgrading from 14 inch JKT to 15 inch Mic PST.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pdash yesterday had a good run for around 500 kms including Highway and ghat sections. The outcome is simply awesome. No noise on highways even @ 120/140 kmph. I pushed it hard on Ghat section and over pot holes, it did superbly. Heard from many that its soft rubber and not so friendly for pot holes, but my initial impression is not like that. Initial pick up also not a problem. As these are heavy tires, you need to adjust your driving style a bit. Now it's fine for me when i changed my gear shifting timing for 1st and 2nd gear.
    Yesterday in village roads, felt the car was jumping a bit. Need to check with Fass once, is it for suspension or tyres?? Btw, while returning my wiper water sprayer nozzle plastic completely came out and hit the front glass. Furtunately nothing happens to the glass. I have removed the complete set up for now. Anybody know how much it is going to cost??
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @SOOZ_P thanks for your reply.

One quick question did u compare the XM2 and Primary before buying, and please share the factor which you consider before buying and upgrading to 15 inch.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi @SOOZ_P r u still using 14" spare wheel? Can we drive in emergency with 14" , if we can how many kms?

Experts pls u also share ur views/experience.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 8, 2015 ---
    And what abt pickup issue with 15" rims
    Deepak likes this.
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pradeepms, yes i do have 14inch spare tyre. However, i have not used it yet. But before opting for this method, i have got feedbacks from @shams and few other articles that you can drive up to 60 to 70 kmph speed with 14inch tyres. No issues.
    If you upgrade 14 to 15 inch, you will definitely need to adjust with the initial pick up. Bigger tyres need bit more push from engine. 1st and 2nd gear you need to push more and then it feels normal. As more pressure on pedal, mileage will decrease a bit by 1 or 2 kmpl.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys,
    I m going for the 5th service for my punto tomorrow. Anything specific to be looked at for this service? Can not belive when I spent 4 years with this beauty. What should be the approximate cost?
    Thanks in Advance. ...
    Pradeepms likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    How many kms has your car done?

I think this service will cost around 8-9 k since power steering/ transmission/brake oils would be changed and hoping nothing extra is done.

I make sure that they enter in job card NOT to do the following work as I don't think it adds much value and is optional anyways:
    1. Ac cleaning
    2. Wheel alignment/balancing - I do outside every 5k kms.
    3. Silencer coating
    4. Engine flushing.

If your car is near 60k, are you planning to get timing kit changed?
    Pradeepms likes this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @shams : do you think Engine flushing is a scam like other things mentioned? don't they completely flush the engine during service? or they just change the oil?
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Odo reading is 37500kms.
    So don't think timing chain need to be replaced. Still will check what SA says. And yes will avoid those points.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    TC replacement should be done at 60k. Not required at your current odo reading .