1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally a Ownership Report of My Beauty PUNTO @ 3rd Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by SOOZ_P, Nov 10, 2013.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys
    Need a help urgently.
    I gave my punto for 4th/30k service at KHT bangalore in October'14. Soon after delivery felt left pulling and vibrations in steering. Went after two days, they checked and interchanged the front tyres. It was better now and after again 2 days same thing occurred and along with it, the gear shift is not feeling smoothq, pick up gone at 2 nd gear. Again went to KHT, this time they suggested to change the tyres as it is the issue. My odo reading 30K now. The pick up issue according to them is happening due to clutch which needs to be replaced and will cost around 8k. And then immediately suggested not to change the clutch but can be managed for another 10k as 30k is very less to change the clutch. So i continued with that ackward comfortable Ness. But now since 2 days, my punto not feeling well at all. Feeling full of vibrations, gear shift not smooth, pick up decreased drastically.

NEED HELP GUYS. With in 2 months of service, so much drive quality reduced. What should I do now? ? Should I change clutch? Change tyres? Experts please put your suggestions.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Sounds like clutch trouble, though others, experts including FASS guys could advise you better. Clutch trouble is possible even well sort of say 50K or 60k kms: if yout road and traffic conditions are such, if your clutch-and-gear routines and style is such, etc. Get the clutch assembly changed, after a solid diagnosis, i'd say. Also, from the sound of it, your tyres need a change ANYWAY (for optimal grip, mileage, braking, steering etc) after the miles you've put on them.

caveat: am not an expert, the FASS guys' diagnosis sounds right though
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks prabhjot.
    Yes, FASS may be right. However, for some reason i don't get that confidence from them. I trust our members here more. If need to change the clutch, will do that but i should get my lovely punto back. That's i am not getting an assurance from FASS guys.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to kht fiat for the clutch and pick up issue. Surprisingly, the issue was not with the clutch but with the injector. The mechanic just drove for 15 minutes and diagnosed it. As explained to me, the vacuum pressure was not correct and the injector was not responding to it. He cleaned it and rectified the vacuum pressure. Now, my punto back to form with butter smooth gear shift, clutch and nice pick up.
    A small target achieved. Took 37 months to reach it. In love with my punto.

uploadfromtaptalk1421171161914.jpg
    dhinas, punto_emotion and prabhjot like this.
  7. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Clutch life of cars running in bangalore will be short due the madly increasing traffic. I got the clutch replaced at about 33k and guess what the new clutch is ultra light and reduced my knee pain. It brings a lot change in the drive and pick up.
    punto_emotion, SOOZ_P and prabhjot like this.
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday i changed my clutch kit @Vishi as the issue reappeared. And yes the new clutch is so light. Not sure if something is changing inside.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Good to know that your car is fine now.
    prabhjot and SOOZ_P like this.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Magic figures reached yesterday.
    uploadfromtaptalk1428683929021.jpg
    dhinas, punto_emotion and prabhjot like this.