1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally a Ownership Report of My Beauty PUNTO @ 3rd Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by SOOZ_P, Nov 10, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are the pics of deep scratches n dents uve5a9yd.jpg
    ydejagan.jpg
    e6u8aruh.jpg yhysa7ej.jpg

Sent from my Grand 2
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stanley is near to your house so enquire with them.
    Have a look at this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/interiors/82-steering-cover-gear-knob-cover.html?highlight=knob
    Pensee Leather is another and cheaper option.
    Sai is good as well Trend automobile, check here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/exteriors...s-n-repaint-repair-done-trend-automobile.html
    This should not cost much, for touch-up. But if you go for whole panel painting, it will be a costly affair, I guess.
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi.
    I have checked with Satish for Pensee Steering cover and gear knob cover and also with Devraj (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/interiors/82-steering-cover-gear-knob-cover-8.html#post198839). Here are the cost comparison

1- Satish-Pensee- Fixed price (For TeamFiat Members ::T)-
    Steering- 1500 Gear Knob- 300
    2- JC Road-
    Steering- 900
    Gear Knob- 150
    Both are for pure leather option. Not sure which one to choose. Please suggest guys, I am planning to do it tomorrow itself.

Thanks
  5. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Steering\Gear Knob\Horn Guard Wrapped (1st Experience in JC Road)

Hi Guys,

Today after a lot of hesitations and feedbacks, made my mind to go with the JC Road guy, Devraj for the steering cover and Gear Knob job.
    By the way do we have a whatsapp group where we can get the quicker responses than forum?

Anyway called one of my friends who has a beat and asked for his suggestion on choosing the right cover. He straight away said the JC road one looks awesome and like to join me for the neat job. I was also bit keen on having somebody to go JC road as it was my first time. He has a good interest in automotive stuff and a member of TBHP. Hence, we decided to meet at jayadeva junction and will go from there. We met and called Devraj about the location and headed as he guided. We reached the place called Hotel Mayuri on the main road and waited for him to come. After waiting for 15 minutes, he appeared, we had a chat about the requirements. Here worth mentioning that parking is a big concern. Even though we stayed for some 15 minutes on the main road, traffic police including few shop keepers showed their concerns. After that we headed to interior streets of JC road led by the guy only. Well the first impression was like the bike market shown in Dhoom 1 movie when Uday Chopra takes Ab jr. Typical narrow roads, cars parked for mods on both sides of the street, shop keepers jump on your car to ask for requirements. We reached a place where we have to park our babies for the job. Again a big problem for parking space. Found some place to park both Cars.

Devraj started with my punto steering. Took it out with his tools with a very little support of me to hold the steering wheel while removing it. This guy works independently along with his brother and hence labour assistance is a drawback but that is hardly make an impact for these tasks. My steering wheel taken out along with horn guard. Gear knob also taken out easily. Now the colour combination of leather. Asked him for TW colour which will suit my punto. He said that is available but will be shown at his work place which was some 200 meters from our parked place. Now, it was the turn of Beat. Well after a lot of effort also steering wheel said no no to come out. Oops, he said he will stitch it with the handle fixed only. Just asked him whether he is confident and his response was positive, so trusted him. Later, we did not regret at all what he produced. OK, now the horn guard only taken out. The gear knob of beat again cannot be opened, so that left as it is. Devraj was sure that the fitting of the gear knob cover will not be good if it stitched intact.

Went to his work place which is the top floor of a house and a very small one. After trying a lot of combinations, choose the TW and Beige(almost) combo. Mine Gear knob also combined like steering and Horn guard with Beige. My friend choose Black and off white combo and horn guard as black. Before he start working, just confirmed what we are getting. He said pure leather covers, fit and finish will not be compromised and price fixed but will see at the end. We convinced what he said and work kicked off. We waited for some time and after a while left for lunch trusting the guy. After 1 hour when we returned, mine steering cover was wrapped along with horn guard. Gear knob also done in 10 minutes. Checked the fitting and it was just looking awesome. one or two places noticed few fittings which could have improved and he rectified it. Now, went to car and fitted the stuff. Some bad thing has to happen so that we can remember the incident. After fitting, I have to press the horn very hard as panel gap was covered by leather on both steering and horn guard. Bit disappointed but he tried and made a bit better by adjusting few corners. He assured me that with in 1 week it will be normal, if in worst case it is not normal then he will make the leather of horn guard thinner with a machine which he already has in his workplace or provide me new cover with a new thin leather. Guys, any guys point to be considered if you are planning to wrap both steering and horn guard. I will update soon weather the issue is resolved or not. Finished the Punto job and he took measurement of Beat and same process followed till wrap. His brother took the charge now and wrapped the covers with the steering intact. Done pretty well actually.

Final Verdict,
    Work Quality- Quite Impressed
    Price- Better than other places as per my requirement and can be negotiated a bit
    Time- It takes bit more time (3 Hours) but work is done well. Parking will not be an issue if you reach the place bit early (10 AM)
    Materials- What I feel while driving back is pretty good grip, nice feel to palm and top class finish
    Contact Details-
    Devraj- 9964031960, 080-41495140 (Yes, he has a land line too)

Definitely recommend this Place for this job. I know JC road is a Yes-No place but this guys does a decent job and with sincerity.

Let the Pictures do the talking now,
    PUNTO

20140726_124240.jpg

20140726_125017.jpg
    20140726_131710.jpg

20140726_134516.jpg

20140726_134456.jpg

20140726_151337.jpg
    20140726_151333.jpg
    20140726_151045.jpg
    20140726_185653.jpg
    20140726_185708.jpg
    20140726_185638.jpg
    20140726_185717.jpg
    20140726_185558.jpg
    20140726_185813.jpg
    20140726_185628.jpg
    BEAT
    20140726_172837.jpg
    20140726_173248.jpg
    20140726_175311.jpg
    20140726_175200.jpg

20140726_135133.jpg

20140726_125004.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sooz, you are brave man to allow steering of your Punto to be ripped apart in that fashion :up I wouldn't be comfortable dosing that. Good that you are happy with the result. Btw, personally felt the color combination used on the Beat steering would have looked even better on your Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its not that complicated, and those guys knows very well how to remove and fix steering.
    But if you have airbags, then one need to be extra careful.
    2 people like this.
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I too considered the same combination earlier, but you know I am bit bored of black colour steering. Needed something which will go with my TW exterior looks. If you see my front grill and bumper combination, the steering and gear knob combination matches exactly the same. Not sure why but in picture it looks brighter though. In future(not near ::T) want to have similar combination seat covers too. May be lesser bright combination but the TW and beige combo will be there. I like to see the interior theme to be uniform. Hence, opted for this combination.

Ravi is correct. Always I was in a impression that my emotion punto has driver air bag and no passenger air bag, as explained by SA and the information sheet provided to me at the time of buying. But when we opened the horn guard it was not there, the guy told me that it does not have any air bag :eek:. Hence, went ahead with the horn guard cover. They are very comfortable in removing the steering wheel and fitting it. I do not know, but after this process, my steering feels bit light. The same feeling for my friend too in his Beat. It feels better now. In front me on that day, they did the steering cover for an Innova with airbag in it pretty effortlessly. Practice makes a man perfect.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Really :D??
    I don't think any car has air bag only at driver side, and not at passenger side.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Haha. You know the funny part is the SA who left KHT already, I spoke with him yesterday and he still saying it has AIRBAG :D.
    I was nicely fooled but it gave me a threat that one safety feature is missing. My main intention for going for an Emotion variant was safety. Because the higher variants, as informed to me, does not have any extra safety feature, else I would have opted for at least emotion pack. Well, I hope my unconscious mind won't give me a threat now on not having airbag while cruising on highway.