1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally a Ownership Report of My Beauty PUNTO @ 3rd Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by SOOZ_P, Nov 10, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys my Punto got deeply hurt on the boot door. It was parked on the street and when I saw a big dent is there at the back. As there is no scratch mark but big dent is there, I feel some kids may be hit with a football.

Now what should I do?
    1- shall I go to FASS to fix it ? Or outside somewhere else ? Any good shops in bangalore?
    2- my TW Punto has so many deep scratches along with this dent. So any shop where both the finishing and dent removal can be done ??

Please suggest guys. I want to fix my Punto ASAP. Can't see her like that for long.
    Thanks in Advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sorry to hear it, But the picture would have been better.
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is fixed now. went to a local garage and worked together to open the panel and push it from inside. Though the area is not accessible so easily but a little extension of arms will do. Approximately 95% dent gone. If you look closely then a small dent feels which is ok. Costed me 50 rupees. While removing the plastic cover, need to be careful as the inner screws are made up of plastic and you need to carefully pull it.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ICE Performance

I have recorded couple of songs played in for sound quality and performance while driving today back home.
    Here is the link,

Sound quality slightly fluctuated as the car was in running mode.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  5. hashjagz

hashjagz Timido

Chennai
    Hi SOOZ_P

It's marked as private. Can u please lift up the restriction?
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry, yes now it's public.

1 person likes this.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I am feeling the gear is bit loose. When its in neutral, then the gear stick also very loose compared to earlier days. is it normal or I should check with FASS once? ? Considering a long drive to goa due in one month time, it shouldn't give some issue.

Sent from my Grand 2
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If gear is engaging properly and no other issue, it should be ok. But if you have time, no harm in getting it checked once, before you start your long journey.
    1 person likes this.
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi. Will visit to KHT soon and check this. No, there is no problem in engaging gears. HOPE everything is fine.

Sent from my Grand 2
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Visited to KHT FIAT last week and checked the car. They explained me that the greasing is done to the gear section and it should be fine. Surprisingly, its smooth now. As the vehicle was jumping also, they released the air and put 31 PSI in front Tyre and 32 PSI in the rear tyre again. They explained that as I keep the car outside, the air pressure sometime causes this issue due to heat. Well the remedy is, keep the car in cool place. Is that a practical reason? Well, that worked and the car is not jumping anymore with fresh air fill up.

Now, here are some small mods planned next month for my punto. Need your suggestion guys
    1- Steering Cover and Gear Knob Cover
    Wanted to put covers for Steering and Knob but is there any good shop to do it ?
    Saw some threads about JC road, but any particular shop is trusted?
    Referred the Stanley thread, but do they work on these small things? I stay near murgesh palya, hence their Indira Nagar branch is nearer to me.
    2- Mobile Holder
    Planned since a while to have a mobile holder, mainly for GPS functionality.
    For my Samsung grand 2, is there any specific ones good which can be fitted to front shield?
    Searched few in Flipkart and ebay costing 400 rupees to 1000 rupees. Is there any good ones recommended?
    3- Need to remove the dent on the rear bumper(boot door) from a professional shop including the deep scratches which looks very odd.
    Now I think its time to make the changes. Is any specific shop good for this and approximate amount to be spent? (I will attach the pics soon).
    From threads, found that Sai is good along with Carz. But any specific body shop is good for TW Punto especially. Just need a clean job. Colour combination is a concern what I observed.

I am gearing for the GOA trip as well... (29-08 to 01-09). That will be a new post :wink:
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014