1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Final call - i20crdi versus GP90 ??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by retropoppers, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    My Vote is to Punto 90 Hp, FIAT is the best in technology no doubt about it. you cannot compare Hyundai CRDI with Fiat Multijet engine which is way beyond. Fiat makes accidental cars, my car came out safe without dents in many accidents. You can hear Rajeev Kapoor comments if my customer is safe he can buy one more car from FIAT.
    when I bought my car back in June 2009, I booked Swift Dezire paying 50k in advace but when I drove Linea I felt the difference in ride quality, immediately cancelled the swift dzire and booked Linea. I dont like using Maruthi Transmission for Fiat Multijet engine in Dzire. Ride quality is very good in Fiat cars.

About Fiat spares I never waited for the spares for my CAR from last 2 1/2 yrs, finally your decision but it is my suggestion go with FIAT.
  2. Retroppers....Just curious .. Your status says that you own a GP 90HP..Does this mean you have already booked ? :) If so . .my hearty congrats ..

Ajit
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I could not agree more with PD's comments and some one else has started a seperate thread to discuss this- what can we do... No one talks about the niggles like we do. Ofcourse, we love our possessions and want to keep them in always fit condition even after 50K kms. No other car owners does have similar passion or views over their cars - (as some cars have a herd or fan following) atleast in India. This passion for FIAT was there even before internet age but we share a lot nowadays over forums. A prospective car buyer who (non FIAT owners including ) does his research in the net will find details about a lot of discussion going on regarding the niggles in FIAT cars because they are the ones which are discussed in length and breadth. This shifts the perspective to a good extent in the new internet savvy world. In short, we as well contribute to the bad publicity in a way.

Coming back to the thread topic, this quesion - i20 or EP 90 is not a question to be asked in this forum. For sure you are bound to get a one sided result. You can read the thread for experiences regarding EP 90; compare it with i20, work with your likes / dislikes, priorities etc., and decide. Do not expect an endorsement which might disappoint you in future. This is a conscious decision which you have to take and not leave to others. This is my IMHO regarding this topic.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I strongly disagree with your point. We are to decide which car we are buying. The decision should not be based upon what other are buying - I am talking about your vote for i20 citing the dismal sales figure of FIAT. If this is true, every one should buy Maruthi alone as the cumulative sales of several of other car manufactures could not match its.

P.S. I am commenting strictly based on your above single post alone. If your intention is not to convey this message, please correct me.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Dinesh - Punto Sport is nothing but EP90HP with stickers on it. You can get this sticker in TASS - sans the SPORT wordings.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    pp.jpg

Ajit, I agree to your points however, the poll has not transformed into sales. Hence, i would like to take a slightly different view point here that there are more FIAT folks out here who like to participare in the forums than any other car owners. Say if 10% of i20 owners participate in the forums and vote for i20 the result could be entirely different.
  5. Srini , Even I was not talking about the sales figures .That we all know that i20 is leaps and bounds over 90hp . :)

I was just trying to convey the message that even in such a big forum where we have very very less fiat enthusiasts compared to other cars , there also 90hp is voted best than the i20 car.

And we also know that most people who voted there for 90hp wont be buying it citing A.S.S of fiat cars.( which is much much better than what was 2 years before as per our family members)

Ajit
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I slightly disagree. Most of the enthusiasts are FIAT lovers. Few hate it and even in that population some hate it because of the present situation of FIAT and its non-ability to rise. I would call it as a love turned towards hate. My point out here is that most of the people who own FIAT or FIAT enthusiasts are active in such forums than other car owners. The majority of other car owners does not have the interest to participate.
  7. Did you mean Swift? I have a 6 year old swift with me. After driving Linea for ~6 months. I don't even feel like sitting in the car.. forget about driving. The build quality feels below par and I can easily feel the difference in build quality every time opening and closing the door. Now my swift feels like state transport bus. Lot of noises while driving (more than the music system sound LoL). I would not recommend Swift. I have not driven Punto but had a small drive. I feel the build quality is same.
    One of my friend had a dilemma between Punto and i20. He went ahead and bought i20 and now complaining about pick-up especially on the hills. He is regretting now. I had driven i20 for short distance and was really hard to get acceleration in the second gear (even with more acceln.). Yes the car definitely has an edge in terms of interiors (subjective).

For handling, high speed stability, ride quality, build quality -> Go for Punto. Also check the "Did you know" Punto series about list of features if not checked already.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  8. dinesh.90hp

dinesh.90hp

Ludhiana
    Thanks Guys.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @srini

I voted for i20, coz I own it and not because of the fact that some fake stats are being posted around in papers and magazines, and yes the falling sales also made my choice stand firm on i20, so whether someone agrees or not is hardly my concern as different people can have different choices

guess u tried to read more than what my msg wanted to convey.

If I am not wrong the topic starter has asked for suggestion/help and not justifications.

Just incase, The first sentence was with regards to the chart posted and second sentence was my suggestion, and thats that, nothin to read between the lines. :)
  10. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Where is the original poster from?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.