1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Final call - i20crdi versus GP90 ??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by retropoppers, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinju , You are absolutely right when you said above sentence . :)

Even in the other forum where they dont even consider Fiat cars , check this pole result :

Hyundai i20 or Fiat Grande Punto. EDIT- Poll added - Page 12 - Team-BHP

Out of 404 votes as of today between punto and i20 diesel , 261 has voted for Punto which is around 65% when compared to 35% vote for i20 diesel.

So overall it is punto than i20.

And Yashik and Toruk_Macto has given a fair comparison between both the cars.

And I have not driven an i20 and personally dont like the fluidic design on hatchback . And nor driven a punto before I brought it . Even I didnt had a TD .

And after driving my punto i really dont feel like driving anyother.

Note : Mods , If I had done a crime by posting the above link please do the needful .

Ajit
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Then whats wrong with fiat punto in real life why it enjoys least sales compared to rest in market?
  3. Jayadev ,
    We all know the reason .. What I feel is 90% of the ppl who vote for punto are afraid about the A.S.S :) and they dont have the guts to own a punto.

We Indians start to think about the resale value of a car even before buying it.

And most people who buy i20 may be because of better A.S.S . And yeah these points are purely my personal assumption and I dont have any intention to harm feelings of people who rate i20 over punto .

Ajit
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Retropoppers,

We own a June2011 i20 Crdi Asta.
    The sales advisor at the time of booking said the steering rattle problem is no more in 2011 cars. However one fine ( not fine actually) day around 3000km mark I could notice that sound and I felt very bad, at the same time felt like hitting the SA, pissed off. Got the steering rattle issue solved, they applied some special grease sent by Hyundai, they say and the noise is no more. but the steering has become heavier now. Also, got the rear shock absorbers replaced under warranty. They just failed. Co-incidentally there were two more new i20s in the service station for the same shockabsorbers problem. Its in the same city where our old 5speed M800 was driven for over 10 years but no issues.

i20 is otherwise a wonderful car no doubt.
    I havent driven a Punto that much but I like it much :)

Hoping to buy one soon, that will make us (my family) have India's two hottest hatches ! :)
  5. It would be easy for the members here to suggest you the Best if you have given more insight on what you want from the new Hatch (requirements) you gonna buy. Some say they don't want the Drag racer or a straightline performer, and want a car that performs the best in all sort of situations which includes straight line, highway curves, bad roads etc. Some may say I want the car that would zoom out from all other cars in a straight line or at signals and best in class interiors. So if you don't mind writing down your requirements, you may get nice suggestions. Just asking Punto 90 or i20, which is best can turn out to be a debate (may not be in TFI but in general).

If the question is only 'which is the best' I would say Punto 90 is the best in many aspects and i20 is best in some aspects.

OT : Whenever I wanted to type i20, my hand automatically types 120 and then I correct it to i20. So does that mean 120 on i20 is not right. No offense to i20 owners.
    1 person likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cuty red, in that thread link from BHP, somewhere you can find my post when I used to be a member there. That was the time when I had almost booked a blue i20 1.2petrol Asta as I thought that the number of features in i20 were more than Punto. But later on I came to know about all the hidden features of punto and changed my booking to Punto.

Regarding niggles, if there are 10 members who faced some problem/niggle in the car per month, then there will be 40 threads talking negative about a FIAT car after 4 months. So you can well imagine how it looks to a prespective customer when he sees 40 such threads. For other cars there are no such forums, thus, all problems don't get documented at a single place accesible to just anyone over the internet.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I guess everyone is a coward, afraid of ridicule by their friends and relatives and so follow the herd. You need to be bold to enjoy the bold new drive. You need to think and be confident of your decision. Only then you can drive a Fiat.

Ajit has put it right. They don't have the guts to own a Fiat. They are a victim of their own fears.
    1 person likes this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is one of the worst niggles observed with 120..err i20.I face it always.Hope hyundai is listening. ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  9. @retropoppers:

first of all i would like to know which place your located. As i have seen people from some states are not getting proper service for FIAT. and i think most of the TFI agree on my point.
    Punto is awesome car no doubt, but as its a Machine it need service too. if your located in one of the states where FIAT service is not good don`t go for FIAT. AS you will always regret on your Buy.
    Hyundai Service are 2nd in INDIA.

IF your located in Bangalore then i would suggest to go for Punto 90HP. AS from last 2 year i m driving FIAT and don`t have any issue with service or Spare parts in Bangalore. Other States i can`t comment.
  10. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am not sure why people are saying bad things about the A.S.S! Its not really, it was I think it stood 2nd only to Maruti on the JD power survey in Customer Service Index.

I think more than service it is the initial quality control / PDI which Fiat needs improving upon. Besides this I have not faced any problem besides a blown fuse.

JD power_Fiat (1).jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.