1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIATTITUDE

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by anand3636, Jun 14, 2010.

1. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    Hi guys,
    Feels good to be here in the midst of such wonderful car lovers.
    I am Anand from Cochin. I was born into a family where Fiat was a member :dancing . Since my childhood we had a White Premier Padmini in our garage which took us around for long 23 years from 1976 to 1999. It was in this car that we all learned driving; we means my two brothers and one sister. BTW my father was ofcourse the guide and teacher. It served us well till 1999 when I bought my first car, Fiat Uno. This was another master car, I would say as it did 1 lakh kms in 6 years without much trouble. Then in 2005 I sold my uno and bought myself a Palio D ELX which I am using till date. It also has done more than 1 lakh and is still going great albeit with some hiccups. :A . Had some delay in getting some spares :mad:
    Now a days thing have changed for the better as I read from these forums. :wow
    Now I think it is time to replace my Palio. What you guys say? :anyone Is there anyone who has replaced a Palio D with a Punto MJD? How do you compare these two machines. What I liked most in Palio was the drivability and road grip even at high speed cornering, powerful a/c(denso compressor i think) smooth power steering etc. I am waiting for the Punto Sport which Fiat showed at the Auto Expo. It has 90 bhp engine and some cool features like moonroof, 17" beautiful alloys etc. :car . In reply to a query to Fiat they said it will be launched in June. Can we expect it in July? I have one query to TFI members. Fiat says service interval is 15000 kms for linea and punto diesels. ie once in a year. Some of my friends say it is 15000 kms or 6 months which ever is earlier as these days cars run on synthetic oil which needs to replaced more frequently. I it true? :confused
    BTW My father bought a Corolla in 2005 but he prefers my Palio for its short yet sturdy stance. Driving these two cars makes a difference only in the first two gears. Otherwise its neck n neck. :clap
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Welcome aboard anand,

You're a true Fiat'er with a history of owning Padmini, Uno, Palio & now thinking Punto :-D

On your query, its the mineral oil which needs frequent replacement. Synthetic oil needs less frequent replacement & thats its biggest USP. Punto/ Linea service schedule is 15,000 kms OR 1 Year whichever is earlier

For comparison Palio vs Punto driveability, there are quite a few members here who owned Palio & now own Punto as well. They'll be able to answer your query more effectively.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    neoonwheels can answer your query. he sold off his palio and bought a punto.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Welcome to the group. My first car too was a Premier Padmini owned by my dad. We had it from 1994 till 2001. Then went for a Santro and now got myself a Punto 9 months back.
    No. Synthetic oils need to be replaced LESS frequently. I used to change the engine oil in Santro every 6 months, but not on Punto.
  5. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    Thanks Vashan for ur clarification on service interval.
  6. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    thanks. now that cements my decision to go for punto. :mrgreen:
    once fiat always fiat :) :steering can't think of anything else these days :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess Amit also owned a Palio Sport and now a Punto MJD...

check with him too..