1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiats future in INDIA- A buyer, enthusiasts, Car Analyzers view.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by BoseSuman, May 5, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But now they have taken a main diversion. Let us see how the new strategy with direct Fiat distribution will work. As an existing customer it gives positive vibrations.
    To really bash Fiat service I need to devote some time to see if there is any VW /Nissan/Renault/Ford/GM users forum. I want to see how their problems are treated. Since Fiat is the most accessible forum the information is readily available. If any one know about such specific brand forum please post it. The problem with niggles has some associations with
    JV. It is part and parcel of the JV. I think Fiat need to rethink of the other aspects of the JV apart from marketing.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Fiat does not have the customer connect & brand image to sell premium hatchbacks (Punto) & sedans (Linea) and does not have the capability to sell small hatchbacks.

The largest seller in the Linea segment is the Verna that does about 5-6,000 units every month. Linea manages about 100-150. In the premium hatch segment the leader i20 does about 7,000-7,500 units monthly, Punto does about 700-1000. Now what chance will a small Fiat have in a segment where the market leader's (Wagon R & i10) do over 12,000 units every monnth?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If Fiat is able to sale 3-4K per month, should be ok for it, and product is good, even with current brand image, this number is not tough.

Which product will be hit in market, very difficult to say, years back Ford had same image, but Figo became hit, no body could have guessed, even Ford.

Completely agree, specially 2nd point, car has to be niggle free and aggressive marketing is very much required, to stay in market.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Problem is Fiat will be up against i10 & Wagon R and both Hyundai & Maruti will go on an all out offensive to defend their turf. A good product is not enough to counter a Maruti / Hyundai offensive in India and this is where Fiat fails. What Fiat needs to understand is that their car's, specially hatcbacks, are immediately compared to Maruti & Hyundai. Ford's Figo escaped that scrutiny and that was one of the main reasons for it's success. What Fiat need to do is look into how Ford managed to keep the Figo out of Maruti & Hyundai's competition.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ford escaped because of price. The price of Diesel Figo was very aggressive. And the engine that people were getting were the same that power their sedan. The timing of Figo was correct. At that price range there was almost no competition for Figo. When I bought punto that time price of ford figo top deisel was 5.8L on road in Goa. It was the price because of which they could penetrate the maruti hyndai barrier.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
    2 people like this.