1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT's 500L based 7 seat MPV coming!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Avinash, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    A 500L based 7 seat MPV is soon going to be launched. Autocar has scoop in this month's issue. Any updates on that??? Should be the right time to launch it, as Renault's Duster and Ford's Eco Sport, are on its way and Ertiga has already started it's innings!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Title is bit misleading Avinash. You shouldn't have used the word Ertiga.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah! Hope the mods change it. But that's how most Indian's are going to see it! :confused: And even in this month's ACI it's there like that in the cover page!
  4. saipv

saipv Amatore

Autocar July Issue cover :

5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

cool.. didnt know that the July edition hit the stalls. If its coming then Fiat has a winner in their hands. Provided they market it properly or else it is gonna be with a couple of enthusiasts only.
  6. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Any more details - like engine specs, price speculation, etc?
  7. macky

macky Amatore

:confused:what ever it is!! its looking ugly!! whats with Fiat these days!! first the new 2013 turkey linea and then this!! :(
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Autocar is mostly speculation. If it comes in TopGear, I'd believe it's coming to India.
    A couple of issues ago Autocar published a confirmed story that the Fiat Panda is launching shortly.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

There is too much of speculation about what Fiat's bringing to India. Most times these are planted stories. Don't believe anything unless it is told officially by the manufacturer.
  10. asif

I had a chance to talk with a guy in product improvement team of fiat,he was there in the service centre to solve some technical issues reported in some cars.He said that,
    1.No new models planned for 2012
    2.Fiat may launch new linea in 2013 along with 2 other cars,also chrysler will be launching their cars
    3.Linea has a powerfull engine,adequate for Indian conditions,he admitted that we need to plan our overtakings with linea when compared to vento or verna,with 4-5 passengers on car.
    4.Fiat will not fit Linea with 1.6 mjd
    5.Linea has got the toughest body shell avilable in its category in India today.Fiat values safety more,swift feels more peppy due to its low weight components and compramises on safety factors with the same multijet engines.
    6.I saw him looking into ma TFI sticker,and he asked me "is this the FIAT forum na"?and we had a small talk about TFI too........:)
    6.Fiat viaggio will not be launched in INDIA.

He mentioned Fiat has plans to launch 2 cars along with new linea,one will be a small car and whts the other??he suddenly changed the topic..:(
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012