1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIATian's Who desire to Drive Himalayas / Ladakh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Pankaj Dubey, Apr 26, 2016.

1. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My car tyre completed about 20 K kms, is it okay to drive with those tyres or should I have to change? I am using Michelin and not sure any specific tyres to use which will have the drive comfort and also good for those bad roads.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Depends on the current condition of the tyres. I presume that you get the wheel alignment and balancing done at regular intervals, in which case the tyres should be doing good. 20k on tyres is may be like half the life. So it should be fine to drive with those tyres. Get wheel alignment done before going on the trip, because misaligned tyres will definitely wearout unevenly in such a long journey.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Kiran, yes I do the wheel alignment and balancing regularly (5K kms before done it) and will do the same next week post my trip. Only thing is that one of the tyre was punctured last week and fixed it only this week, however I ensured tyres are checked regularly and fill in air as and when required. I also saw a tyre shop in Leh (Bridgestone tyre dealer in leh), worst case scenario I will change in Leh.
  4. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @dhaya76 when you're planning for trip?
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From 3rd September to 17th September and below is the information

Plan.JPG
    Trilok Chandar, KPR and Ravi_M like this.
  6. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Well that's great plan worked out, but very short time for me. I'm planning for October/November.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Below information received in another site, not sure whether it is true, do you guys have any info

upload_2016-8-16_15-55-57.png
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I called up the camp I booked for my stay and they confirmed that the bridge was collapsed and it is fixed now.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2016 ---
    @HarshaEvo, Not sure whether October/November will be a good time to visit Leh by road, a snippet I saw in Google. If you carry the tyre chain etc to drive through snow, you can try. SUV will be better option if you drive through snow.

upload_2016-8-17_12-19-13.png
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It's BRO on the job bro. So expect speedy recovery of roads. :happy:. Moreover the Manali - Leh is only safe now owing to unrest in Srinagar-Leh roads. I wish tourism in Leh cannot be jeopardized by bad roads. These Ladakhi's earn only during this season. That should not be doomed.
    dhaya76 likes this.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with you @KPR, nature wins most of the time no matter how we are prepared.