1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIATian's Who desire to Drive Himalayas / Ladakh

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Pankaj Dubey, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Dear FIATians,

This thread is meant to bring those FIATins together who wish to drive on Himalayas / Ladakh.
    This Thread is for Sharing information, Updates & suggestions.

And is started as per idea discussed in a Thread as per link below
    https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/ahmedabad-to-leh-in-punto-evo.15775/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/AhmedabadTravelouge/permalink/1754807668086654/

Now we are discussing for year 2016 - Tentative dates 4 Week of May

I request interested people to introduce them self and watch the thread here
    To join on Whatsapp write details to my FB account.
    Please write your query,informations & updates you have,
    We welcome thoughts and suggestions.

About Me : Pankaj Dubey
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009350091139
    I am a FIATian at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. And I like to take my Fiat to wherever possible For Holidays or Family Gatherings.

I have Done A few Longs Trips All Starting from Ahmedabad to following destination
    I am open to share my experience if any of FIATian wants have benefit or help out of this.

Leh, Ladakh https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/ahmedabad-to-leh-in-punto-evo.15775/
    Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
    Shirdi, Maharashtra
    Diu, Diu & Daman
    Daman, Diu & Daman
    Sasan Gir, Gujarat
    Bhopal, M.P.
    Gwalior, M.P.
    Pachmarhi, M.P.
    Mount Abu, Rajasthan
    Udaipur, Rajasthan
    Jaipur, Rajasthan
    avithe1 and vtlreja2 like this.
  2. Pankaj Dubey

Pankaj Dubey Timido

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello FIATians,

One of the reliable site has update that the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh Highway may be open in few days.:):)
    Dinesh Kumar likes this.
  3. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    I'm really interested to be part of Leh drive from Andhra Pradesh with my punto evo or linea :) can u PM me your Whatsapp? Number?
    KPR likes this.
  4. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am also interested, but not sure if I will be able to make it in 2016. Will follow the group closely though. Thanks for creating this thread.
    KPR likes this.
  5. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hello @Giridhar I believe your from Chennai if u are Planning let me know I'm also from Chennai
    Giridhar likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @HarshaEvo @Giridhar I've done Srinagar-Leh-Manali circuit from Chennai last year in my cousin's linea. You can contact me in case you need a planning. I can share details of my drive too.
  7. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Wow... @KPR. Excellent. So you are going to be my guru for my plan. Hope to accomplish this year. For sure I will seek your help and precious advice for this trip.
    KPR likes this.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Always welcome.
  9. HarshaEvo

HarshaEvo Timido

Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @KPR wow Leh trip that too in linea..great bro what u suggest linea or punto? Which one is best for such tricky roads yes can u PM me your contact number so u can help me to plan this trip
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    A Linea is always a bliss with that boot! And ofcourse the linea should have the new suspension setup to prevent underbody hits.
    Engine performance wise - You have a MJD and a petrol fiat. Maybe you can tell us which one you would prefer for a hill - steep ascents especially when the car is loaded to the brim!