1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiatfan here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fiatfan, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

@Fiat Fan: Congrats for your new car and welcome to TFI. Linea in BNW looks great. From back it gives the same classy feeling as Superb,BMW, Audi.... (also in drive quality).

Sad to know about the dash bord issue. But I am sure Fiat will take care of it.
    I had the impression that dash is a seperate meterial. Is it true for all cars?
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Please keep us posted on the dashboard issue. If the white/beige color is going to be taken care. I have been planning to change the beige color to black one :)
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

@fiatFan, bro congrats for your BNW!! sorry to see about what happened to your dashboard! im from mulund east.Lets meet up one day. our 1 more member aaron (pioneeraaron)will also join us. If you need any help at galaxy do ask me or aaron ,galaxy people are aware of us. Just buzz us any time if need any help!
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Red carpet welcome to you and your lovely Linea, fiatfan. Please take up the dashboard matter with top echelons of Fiat India for proper resolution.
  5. Hello again, first of all Thanks to Everyone for their Amazing Comments!

Team-Fiat is a Wonderful place to be, and everyday the Comments strengthen my belief in team-fiat. Its been a couple of days since I informed TATA-FIAT about my situation. Yesterday I had to send a mail for good measure as it was already three days and I wanted to know the status of their Resolution......
  6. I had yesterday sent a mail to Galaxy, TATA-FIAT for good measure as it was already a couple of days and I wanted to know about their resolution.

I spoke to the CRM Manager at Galaxy today in the evening. She informed me that the dashboard will be replaced Completely.

Upon hearing this I asked her about the consequences I feared about, like rattling noise, squeaks etc. She assured me that the work will be done in ONE SINGLE DAY. And that there will be no issues like the ones I have mentioned. Hence after hearing this, I have agreed to Replacement of Dashboard.

The overall result of this situation can only be decided once the work is completed and so I will not jump to conclusion yet.

Well, that was about the issue. In the meantime, on a less serious note I've tinted the Glass.

Its all RTO approved films that I went for, because I travel in this car for about 100 kms everyday and without tint even though the A/C is amazing, but wanted to do a little investment in giving the compressor a break sometimes.
    So went for tinting as it would keep the car at a better temperature and maybe increase mileage as I will be using it for outstation trips too.
    Linea is now the most economical and best way for me to travel.
    I've gone for V-KOOL on the Windshield, and Garware Ice Cool Elite on all other glasses.

The inside ambient temperature has gone down to my notice and once I start driving and turn on the A/C, it cools really well.
    The climate control is an amazing thing to experience as this is my first car with climate control.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good to hear that you're getting a no-hassle dash replacement.:drinks
  8. A couple of pictures after tinting the glass. And also the other beauty with me, the Lancer next to the Linea.

Photo0244.jpg View attachment 8061 Photo0260.jpg View attachment 8065

Yes, Lets hope its no Hassle. Finally It DID go with what you too had suggested Gurjinder. ;)

As, its better to change the whole thing once and for all rather than having a patch paint job.
    And even if a paint job could have been done as a easy way to get around the problem,
    would never have been sure about the other areas of the dashboard.

Its better to live tension free.......:)

9. I hope I too become proud of the moment when this is all over......Thanks Cubbie !!!::O

Thanks Karan, FIAT haven't exactly spoiled the party, However now that Fiat knows this is a issue. I am more concerned as to how they are going to resolve it, and moreover how they will take care that others who buy a FIAT don't face this problem with their all beloved prized "posession" !

Ultimately I think I should have little faith in them and wait for them to deliver on what they have said.....

Mods Note- Kindly use the "Edit" button to avoid so many back to back posts. And please, you are requested to start an ownership thread for adding pictures and ownership log. Start a new thread here:
  10. I totally agree with you in that and it was the prime reason why I brought the Linea. The ride quality, the stance, and my overall experience with the "driving" part is totally in SYNC with your post. This car is just such a beautifully thought over piece of Artwork! :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.