1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiatfan here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fiatfan, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Very valid concerns mate. But if done the right way, i dont think there should be any issues.
    ( The all too familiar error is to be avoided - i.e when opening and re-fitting a dashboard , there always remain one or two screws/bits n pieces which seem to find no place for fitment and then the various rattles start. Make sure whatever comes out , goes back in)

The old dash removal and installation of the new one should not take more than one day at the service centre. That is a conservative estimate.

Keep us updated about the progress.
  2. @VahanPujari. Did not know that could be the case too. I will check my car more thoroughly tomorrow. In my current observations the car is assembled nicely. Fit and finish overall is good. No panel gaps. The dealer was also very helpful. Posting some more pics of the car.

Photo0263.jpg Photo0258.jpg Photo0207.jpg Photo0262.jpg Photo0206.jpg
  3. Sounds great. If 1 day is all it will take then I think changing the whole dash is the best way to keep me trouble free in the future.

As they might paint a piece of the dash and then I might see paint coming off from another area.

I will be waiting for the response from the Dealer in this regard. Also will thoroughly check the dash tomorrow morning to see if there are any other areas where this has happened. Will keep updating about the progress. :)
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is not the case with punto as the dash is made of black plastic itself, and it is not paint over a biege coloured dash.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI, and really sad to see the Dash picture, OMG please check eith the dealer and better stand on their head to do something or else replace it, You just mail to Fiat India and hear the answer from them.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Fiatfan, welcome to TFI. Sad to see that dashboard paint issue. It shouldn't have happened.

I have been saying this for a long time that 2011 FIAT cars have very good fit and finish. They are better. There was a appreciable quality improvement in fit and finish when I compared my friend's 2011 Punto with mine. He's even got the same AC that comes in the T-JET. :up

Nice pics fiatfan (except the sad part of dashboard issue). It would be better to add pics and ownership experiences in new thread as introduction thread usually gets lesser attention if used for ownership review plus it is not of much use for those looking for reviews from the owners. :cool:
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  7. Ok, So I went to Galaxy Motors A.S.S. and spoke to a few people there. Got the ball rolling yesterday with Tata-Fiat. I will get to know a resolution from them tomorrow.
  8. I am not going to post anymore on this thread. As paddleShifter said, it is better if I start a new thread. I will be doing that once I get back home tomorrow, hopefully with more info about TATA-Fiat's resolution.

For all the people who have read this thread, the Linea and Punto are great cars to drive and own. Today I went to Worli Sealink and then to Juhu ISKON on the Linea. It was the mother of all traffic jams there, but being a new car and just being driven for 100 kms it still gave me a mileage of 14.5 in traffic. :steering I have no complaints about a single thing in the car except the dash issue. The feel is amazing. The A/C is a Chiller, the cabin is pin drop silent, and the suspension just gobbled up everything I threw at it. Once I get the revs going for the VGT, its a Rocket. Today I drove for about 7 hours, got some good stretches and a lot of traffic, but after coming home I wasn't tired a bit. I Love my Fiat Linea Emotion Pack Diesel in BossaNova White and plan to live with it for a long time. :D
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    congrats fiatfan you have bought yourself a fantastic car which only a selected few can. dash board issue is sad though. why fiat always have to spoil the party??
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    If no issues then who wll remember FIAT?? ;) just kidding...

On serious note you ust speak to Mangesh, PM me I will share the number... give him our references and he will surely take this to a conclusion to your satisfaction... my car from Jaipur underwent clutch replacement in Oune during Free Checkup not a single penny spent and thanks to Mangesh & Mr.Patvardhan for taking care of the hard clutch.... After which my drive to Goa and was butter smooth... if You read the other notes in technical section you will find numerous post on clutch and csc issues and mine was due for long... FIAT takes care of thier customers very well and I am proud for the moment and will reamin so in future as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.