1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiatfan here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fiatfan, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Everyone,

I am Abhik Bhattacharya from Mumbai. I got the delivery of my Fiat Linea MJD E Pk yesterday and I am proud to be a Fiatian. A little background about me :

I am a Software Engg by profession and I stay in Thane West. I am driving since 7 years now. Apart from my new Italian Bella Donna, I also own a Lancer SFXI. The Lancer although timeless in its own right, is getting a bit old for me and the petrol prices have just become too high for my daily commute of about 80 Kms from Thane to Andheri.

So I sat down and made a calculation of yearly fuel costs for my daily running and figured out that I'd be saving a LOT of money if I went for a diesel car. I started looking for Diesel options. I test drove Ford Fiesta Duratorq, MS SX4 ZDi, and the vw Vento Highline Diesel. Due to various reasons I chose the Linea.

The Stories I've heard from die hard Fiat fans, The Looks, The Features, The Mileage, and the reviews on the internet has brought me to Fiat. And the Linea has certainly made me a happy camper. Finally I must say, I Love Cars, and I have fallen in Love with my Linea. She is a Beautiful Work of Art and Admiration is Always Guaranteed for her, from the person who drives her to the persons in the car and finally the onlookers and the whole world !

So that's about me and my Introduction to Team-Fiat.

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0241.jpg

Photo0181.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

Photo0198.jpg

Photo0179.jpg
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Welcome Abhik to TFi an wish you motoring bliss with your Linea Mjet
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congratulations on owning the Italian Beauty, Have a safe and happy driving
  4. Thank You Guys.
  5. However Guys, I have a serious issue that I am facing with my Linea right now, just 1 day after delivery. And in the own words of the Showroon Guy "Galaxy Motors - Mulund", this issue they have never seen before. I am attaching a picture to show what has happened exactly.

Today, I decided to get rid of the plastic stickers on the dashboard in the morning. I was very careful while removing the thin semi-transparent plastic which comes with the new car. I removed the plastic from most of the places on the dash, but when I tried removing the plastic from the area which lies below the passenger side Airbag just above the glove box. The black paint came off, along with the plastic covering.

I am very disheartened. I have already taken the car back to galaxy motors and shown this to them and they have assured me that something regarding this will be done soon. The guy who sold me the car yesterday told me today that he has never seen this issue before. I want to know that how come something like this can happen ? By the way, as you can see from the picture, the dash is actually biege colour plastic but as been painted black.

What should I do about this ?

Please help !!!!

Photo0248.jpg
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hey there ... Congrats on your new CAR.... what issues are you facing... do post pics....
  7. Ok, was not sure where to post. Posted on the same thread, the pic of the dash where the paint has peeled off. My concern is what if the whole dash starts doing this in some time ? :(
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Whoa! Escalate it to FIAT if the dealer is not forthcoming. That is shoddy quality.

If i were you , i'd not settle for anything less than a complete dash replacement free of cost. Even if the service centre guys paint the revealed portion somehow , it'll stand out and look out of place.

In my case , Linea MJD E+, there are chips near the Head Unit.
    Here's a pic.

rsz_03052011658.jpg
  9. :eek: I am astonished to see this happen to you too. For me the place where the paint has peeled off is just so much central. If they paint this thing, it has to be a damn good color match. The dealer is forthcoming and has said will escalate this to fiat keeping me in CC. Dont know what their resolution will be. Will get to know more about it tomorrow. Another friend of mine too suggested to replace the whole dash. But wont removing and then refitting a new dash create rattling issues, noise etc + take much more time at the Service Centre ? :confused:
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Abhishek,

Welcome aboard !

Sad to see that spot on dash. However, TASS should be able to fix it but your concerns are very valid on fear of that black paint peeling off from dash later.

One positive aspect though. The fitment of Glove box seems to be perfect with no panel gaps :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.