1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    195mm - it will look damn funny on elegant low slung linea. also the handling will go toss.

come-on its not a SUV. even the XUV500 is 200mm.

fiat will be just putting the tjet alloys 16" with no mods to suspensions.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Ramesh, I agree the case with Linea and that too not much. But i do not believe that we require an GC increase for Punto. I have scrapped my punto couple of times, when I did not notice some stones when I start the car from parking etc., but not during driving.

Oh, I would never do the You tube thing with Rhythm - Punto..:eek:
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I wish this happens. But, the person who attended the Dealership training told me that it's going to be 16" as well as suspension changes. If this is not true, either he should have bluffed or he didn't understand about the changes :).

BTW, Its not 195mm for Linea, its 185mm.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Yes. This will help the Linea!!
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its a photoshop job.

Here goes the translation.
    "Fiat, adventurers? Yes, Palio Adventure Wekkend, Doblò, Strada and Idea. The trademark has no direct competitor for the adventurer from Volkswagen, the CrossFox, thinking that ipótese, I created the images below for a Punto, Fiat's version adventurous, Adventure, the premium hatch would use the same elements of the new Idea Adventure, (which is not even a direct competitor to CrossFox), step stuck in the lid, wheels, frames, doors, boxes, wheels, bumpers, suspension and high roof rack, would also have headlights with black mask and smoky lanterns. I think a little more difficult to release a Fiat Adventure Locker for the Punto, since the brand considers the Punto hatch a medium, not a premium hatch. More hope you enjoy the Punto Adventure Locker (ignore the image from the front and rear, as they are a bit unusual)."
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

IMO , no indian hatch manufactur have 16' alloys on hatch back car , now punto have 173mm in 1.4 fire , if fiat gives 16' alloys , its may increase to 180-183 mm easily
    even , i thinks so that , 195 mm is too huge for indian condition , max 180 mm is sufficient for any road in india.
    Lets see whats actually happens on 3rd jan!!
  8. Ramjn, I did call up the sales manager of my dealer in the evening today and he too confirmed the fact that the Linea is coming with an increased GC of 10mm from the existing 161mm making it to 171mm according to him ( not 185 ) and that it is managed with some suspension alterations and 16" wheels along with leather seats, a few other goodies but no integrated reverse sensor/camera taking the top end OTR price to somewhere around 11.3 to 11.6 L :eek:

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

.....And no Facelift for Linea but only termed as 2012 refreshed models with Emotion pk being axed. The exciting 1.6 MJD isn't going to see the light of the day any soon:mad:
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Means no new features in linea except 16' wheels + leather.
    But is there any news for punto ? Is actually punto getting beinge interior or not ? ( im not interested in Gc , in my city roads are almost flat ( except some speed breakers) so no needs to any increased gc atleast for me , even our Zen ( gc is 165mm) not scrappinng any breakers in the city ( sometimes scraped at vilages roads)
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    According to the information I have, it is the Linea which will get lots of additional features.
    No additional features for Punto except for the GC increase. No Beige interiors as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.