1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramesh bro ..I was talking about your this statement : - Punto will also get GC upgrade and no other additional features like Linea. Punto 1.4 will have 195 mm and MJD will have 185 mm.

I was just mentioning that even sedans in india dont have more than 180 as of now .. :)

And that 15" wheel question was again w.r.to Punto .. ie ., whether they are planning to bring this 195 mm for Punto 1.4 is with 15" wheels .

And regarding linea , 185 mm is quite possible though .

Ajit
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

will this affect the handling capability? i mean body roll will be more rit? 195mm will take it to the range of SUVs.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I don't know how they are going to make it 195mm in Punto. But, the person who told me this was damn confident. They may be offering with 16" and the suspension change as well. Again, 195mm is easily possible. A decade back, we had an excellent car from Fiat called Adventure which had a GC of 190mm :).
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I do not think these GC increase to this extent will suit both Linea / Punto..

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

BTW, except for compliants from Linea owners on the GC, no one else have complianed really on the GC of the CARS. Why should FIAT touch some thing that is not required and leave a lot which are to be taken care off. Could not believe!!

Probably, the best way forward is to remove the existing Active and rebadge Dynamic; Emotion and Emotion Pack as Active; Dynamic and Emotion Pack. This would be the cheapest way of doing a face lift!!
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

IMO , 185/195 mm is easily achivable in punto/linea , just convert this mm into cm , you find just 2or 2.5 cm increase , its not big as we thought
    they can get gc by just putting 16' wheels + thicker tyres !

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Like many honda city owners increase there gc by just changing tyres (from 160 to 170/173mm)
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Srini, why wouldn't the new GC suit Linea/Punto? I don't understand. Its going to be hardly 2.5 CM increase. As I told earlier, remember that Fiat Adventure's GC was 190 mm.

Again, Fiat has made clear they are not going to brand this as facelift. They are calling this as refreshed models (MY 2012 - Don't know naming behind this). There will no longer be 4 variants. There will only be Active, Dynamic and Emotion.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OMG!! 8 pages in just 2 days. :)

I would like to add one important point here.
    - Give Manual Central Locking with Punto Active as well. For me, this is the most important thing I would like to see in Punto.

Ground Clearance of 185mm in Linea and 195mm in Punto. :O
    Isn't this a bit too much? I don't want to see a Punto like this.
    195mm GC.jpg

Isn't 175mm or a max of 180mm of Ground Clearance more than sufficient?
    2 people like this.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    amar, it is not as easy it is written. They why do lot of car manufactures do that in at least for indian conditions? The low the car, the greater the stability of the car and the confidence for the driver in driving faster and it helps control as well. Please remember, when we drive, we cut the air and it flows over the windshield and the bottom of the car. The GC plays a very vital role in aerodynamics. Also, the higher the GC, the NVH levels as well will go up.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Ramesh, read my answer to amar as well. Also, adventure is an off roading vehicle and had All terrain tyres et all. It is a different beast.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Yashik - this is too much..
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Srini, I do know and understand that the car dynamics would be lost with higher GC and I am also not a fan of higher GC's. But still I believe Fiat would handle this GC increase very well. During my recent highway drive, an Adventure 1.6 continuously chased me even at 160 KMPH.

To be practical on Indian roads, I always felt a better GC for Linea would do. The reason is my car has scrapped n (yes, I don't know the count) number of times in my 3 months of ownership.

On a lighter note, if Punto's GC goes up to 195, this may also be possible with Punto :).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1qOSM57YTU
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  10. muni

muni

Bangalore
    All the posts are discussing about Ground clearance for the Punto which in my opinion isn't its Achilles heel.To an extent Linea is the one which needs a bit of ground clearance and a better spec Diesel mill.

Is the dashboard design going to change? If yes it will be a worthy feature which would make existing owners envious. The bumper changes both rear and front will slightly make it look Odd IMO. Alloy design change, smoked head lamps and Tail lamps and 16 inch alloys are also welcome and would make the refresh feel refreshed.

Can anybody confirm this piece of Info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.