1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Ramesh, if this is true, its going to be another dud. What Linea requires is
    • Slightly tuned gearbox to provide that initial kick (becomes attactive during test drives, simply put)
    • Refreshed interiors - to the lines of whats present in Brazilian market
    • Additional Features and a slightly tuned Ground Clearance - Why do we need Scorpio's Ground Clearance in a Linea - GC to the lines of 170-175 will do since 185 mm is not going to help handling which is now a major plus for Linea (and I am scared that they must not remove the sump gaurd to make the GC look high on paper - Sump gaurd is the lowest part in the car today)
    • and 11L is another disaster.. It cannot be priced anything beyond 10.2 OTR and that too with Rapid, Linea will rapidly die if it gets to 11L territory.
    • and No update for Punto - Man thats another disaster.. Punto has the capability to turn fortunes for FIAT if they refresh it with new interiors, tuned gearbox and mildy spruced exteriors.
    and if Jeep thing is true for Indian market, I will rejoice.. good competition to Duster and Ecosport. I love the JEEPS.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Go for the Punto right now, Facelifted Punto will not be so soon in INDIA as the current one has a glamorous Get up than any other cars in the segment. Its still a Head Turner on streets (even after 3 years of launch), which no other cars has for so long.... people just admire it and envt on when they pass through the Punto.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

We all know punto mjd's stocks almost over now , if no facelifted for punto then how the stock could be over ?
    IMO facelifted punto will be come , just wait and watch !
    1 person likes this.
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I thinks stocks are over because in 2012 Punto lower models loaded will come with features of higher models.
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    I spoke to one my pals in FIAT to understand any specific training was given on the new models. Looks like there have been no trainings at all whatsoever - means no mechanical changes like Gear box etc.. But he said that he heard that the bumper design in both the cars have been changed with slightly altered bonnet design as well. However, when I asked for185 GC, he said that its not true and added GC of T-Jet will be the baseline for the Linea. So, we are looking at 170mm GC for the Linea and he said that he will check for other updates on Monday and let me know.
    1 person likes this.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Whats about punto interior ?
  7. CLINTONMYERS

CLINTONMYERS

noida
    hie

Yes face uplifts are there and yes 1 Fait caffe to be ready in Pune
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    The improved GC might be true after all. Even I was told this in Oct when I was booking the TJet+.

They did mention the improved GC. However, I'm very curious about the additional 36 features. More specifically, I'd be very interested to know how these match up to existing features of the Jet and what we'd be missing out on... and if they can be retrofitted on our Jets ( and at what costs)
  9. CLINTONMYERS

CLINTONMYERS

noida
    yes brother.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I really wish whatever info I got become false. But, the trainings are on. Thats for sure.

The person who is a sales head for Fiat at a dealership confirmed about the GC news. 185 mm of GC for Linea is still unbelievable for me.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

What I also heard is that there won't be any upgrade for the existing T-Jet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.