1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I think what Clinton meant is one of these Jeep models (there are more than six actually) is going to be introduced in India by Fiat as they own majority stake in Jeep's parent Chrysler now.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Let all rest be kept aside for the time being,
    Let the FIAT-INDIA force tata to have a separate showrooms for Fiat cars with the service bay attached to it, and watch the sales climbing.......
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
  3. aramling

aramling Timido

Hyderabad
    It seems there is a new exclusive FIAT showroom coming up at jublie checkpost (app labs building) Hyderabad in another couple of months.

Variants for Punto in 2012.

Only 3 variants for Diesel punto

Active,Dynamic and Emotion.

Active will have features from Dynamic, Dynamic -> emotion, Emotion -> Emotion pack.

Emotion pack is out. don't know the details about the pricing.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Arun .... are you sure? Could you please tell me the source you got information from.

I work in the building right behind the Applabs building. As far as I know, before I came to Netherlands SBI bank's branch was being planned in that building. I have asked one of my colleuges online just now and he says that he is not sure about Fiat, but SBI has already opened a branch there.

We already have Varun Maruthi, Lakshmi Hyundai and Harley Davidson. A Fiat showroom would be too good to have on that road.
  5. aramling

aramling Timido

Hyderabad

I spoke to Bhanu ... Exclusive FIAT showroom is coming up by FEB 2012 ... its in the same lane...

Service for FIAT cars will still be given from Tejaswi(Hitechcity)... only Sales part has been moved ...
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Oh ... so it will be more of shifting Tejaswi's Fiat Showroom then. I was expecting a new branch.

The main advantage of Fiat with Tejaswi Motors (was) is that it is near Hi-tech city. Many of the IT guys will find it on their way to work and might just peep in to have a look. I believe, thats how many IT people end-up buying Fiat from Tejaswi Motors. I am not sure how many of them would be even intrested to come all the way to Jubilee Hills to check out the vehicles. I wonder why they want to shift. I wish they had a Fiat Caffe in Jubilee Hills rather than a dealer's showroom.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yes . I also agree with Kiran. Tejaswi is at a prime location. They should open additional showrooms/service station alongwith existing showrooms. It will be a double benifit for FIAT.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have got some updates on the so called facelift :). Dealership training has already started and the TD vehicles are expected to be at the dealership by the end of this month. Thought I cannot guarantee on the reliability of the source, here are the key highlights of the update.

- No changes planned on Punto (not even beige interiors).
    - No gearbox changes.
    - Linea 1.4 Fire and MJD will only undergo the changes.
    - Linea's GC will be increased to 185 mm.
    - There will be only 3 variants on Linea (Active, Dynamic, Emotion).
    - 36 new features are going to be added to Linea including rain sensing Wipers, leather seats, 16" wheels, etc.,
    - Linea Active and Dynamic will have 15" wheels and Emotion would have 16".
    - New features like Rain sensing wipers will be available from the base variant itself.
    - Linea MJD Emotion may cost 9.5L Ex-showroom Chennai (Will close to 11L OTR).
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

@ramjn : i hope , its not true.
    No new punto , its shocking news , we want facelifted punto at any cost ! :p
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Im still reluctant on the 185mm GC of the Linea.It's really not possible.False info provided!!
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.