1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
  2. visu14

visu14 Timido

ongole
    [/COLOR]One of my friend spoke to a Fiat-Tata dealership owner few days back.
    The updates he told are

1. Increased GC on all models( both punto and Linea).
    2. Safety features( airbags) across all variants of Linea.
    3. 90hp eng for all puntos MJD.
    4. New upgraded interiors.

wating for jan 3rd fingers crossed.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, this particular statement is very good for all FIAT fans. I hope this is true.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    WoW, I hope that they plonk the TJet into Linea petrol (Active, Dynamic, Emotion). That would be a dream come true
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I doubt if this is true. If so, they should bring in 1.6 MJD in the Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Linea with 1.6 MJD, my RITZ will be replaced immediately...

and All Punto versions with 90 HP will be the way to go to create a uniqueness in the offering. But its not enough to just plonk a 90HP engine, but to market it right and create publicity so that people will know that at 6.5L they get a 90HP car viz a viz the competition..
    1 person likes this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Guys,

Please read the Autocar of Jan2012. They have driven the FIAT cars of 2012 release. There is no talk of 1.6 or 90bhp. They say the the GC is increased and they dont find any difference in the driving and handling. Of course they confirm the better quality of interiors. Read it for more info.

Abdul
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Abdul, if you have a copy, post scanned pages, for us to read.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Abdul ji. Please post it if you have a copy. I am interested to read that although I don't consider the Autocar as a reliable source :).
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    As per sources, 1.6 MJD is ruled out. However, I think that the news of 90 HP in all versions could be true. Reducing the number of models makes sense. Also, since the entry version of City is now available at 6.99 ex-showroom Fiat shall have to do something to combat competition. Thus, if I go by scoop masters info on the other popular forum where you are a member, it appears that the TJet engine shall appear atleast in the top version i.e. Emotion of the 1.4 Linea (I had posted it at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-indi...facelifted-punto-linea-tjet-10.html#post82065). How they handle the branding when these models get upgraded engines is another issue in itself

I have the January 2012 Autocar with me and have gone through it. Please note that the stats mentioned in the magazine are for the 1.4 Punto Fire and the 1.3 MJD Linea. In the stats, they do not talk about Punto diesel or the Linea Petrol which in my view could get upgraded engines

It was posted by vivek_lko in another thread (post #79). I am putting a link of the same below

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-indi...-facelifted-punto-linea-tjet-8.html#post81925
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.