1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

apna CLINTON bhai batayega na :)
  2. People have started jumping guns based some report from auto car ,which claims that new Linea take 17 seconds to cross 100 from standstill.
    Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - 3rd JAN 2012 - Page 12 - Team-BHP

I am surprised at the ability of these magazines and TBHP to pre decide a products future even before it is launched!!

There will be few thousand/lakh Netizens who read it and either influence themselves or the prospective buyer.
    God please save everyone from these Forums or paid new magazines.
    -Sat
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    2 people like this.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Just now read that crappy article from Autocar. How can someone say that the Linea D takes 17.81 sec for 0-100 dash while the earlier 87 bhp did the same in 15.04 sec. Even the ingear acc. figures are totally wrong. Reads some 15+ seconds...

Also its amusing to read in the same magazine (before a few pages) that Nissan Sunny packs a punchy performance with 84 hp while a more powerful Linea with 92 horses is a sloth bear when it comes to performance..disgusting...

These guys have no clue and get some amateur to blabber some garbage in an article. Dont they have some review mechanism where someone checks for the authenticity before they get published. Its so stupid to look at that article and the figures published. Shame on a so called reputed magazine..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    May be possible due to the following reasons. No offense

1. Linea is close to 150+ KGS more heavier than sunny
    2. Talks about New Linea is having more GC might add more weight
  5. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Not sure Vasudev. The Linea D was 1190 kg which is about 95kg heavier than the Sunny. The extra HP must compensate in my opinion for this.

European versions have 16 inch rims and broader tyres and still their 0-100 timings are in 13-14 sec range.. So not sure whether the refreshed Linea is actually as slow as claimed in Autocar. Also autocar says that there is some engine tuning as well in 92 hp mill. Not sure what is the final state of tune for the MJD?

1 person likes this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's the gear box which needs to be blamed Sathya. Also doesn't Linea weigh 1210? But I agree that autocar seems to have got the wrong timings. Let's wait till it arrives in showrooms.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Reg. Weight - my bad... You are right and my 87hp MJD was 1290! Hope the tune includes the gear ratio changes as well.. Anywayz lets wait and watch.

8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    how many off us want to see this on 3rd Jan on "real"?and can give us teaser/trailer of the future launch today?..:)
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.