1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - Whats in store for 2012? [Pre launch discussions]

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by CLINTONMYERS, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

even i think same , how punto 1.2 will get 195 mm gc , is thet giving 16' wheels to 1.2 fire :) , where 1.4 have 185 gc means its have 15' wheels... Means lower model will ger bigger wheels :p
    195 or 185 mm is not possible , even its lost its ride n handling ...
    Im already said wait till the 3rd jan , then only its get clear...all are fake news....( auto headlight and auti wiper to linea , are u joking , these features only available in 20lakhs car....all are fake , no news is official)
    IMO , punto will get refreshed interior and redesigned bumper , but its not official :)

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

i hope , its true...lets see !!
  2. let us get the facts,SX4 is not ugly but Linea is better looking car.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Yes , sx4 is not ugly at all , its just old now but still good ( its only car who giving 16' wheels then linea)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Sorry , now verna too( but small width tyre compare to sx4 and tjet)
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Is this the facelifted linea found the pic on google
    Seems like headlights got projector setup in low beam

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    2 people like this.
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

pic site is not indian , so can not comment on this pic!! Our indian model is different than others..
  6. shams

shams Esperto

just for info, sx4 is one of the good looking cars from suzuki which is not a surprise as its an Italian design. It is sold as Fiat Sedici in many countries.
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

When i 1st saw sx4 , i like it too much , but now its out dated , maruti needs some facelift for this car with more feature ( maruti now busy with selling with alto and swift, so now dont gives attention to their other cars , anyways)
  8. xplorauto

I am talking of withdrawing a product briefly and not Fiat pulling out of the country. Surely, if the later were to happen, Fiat would have hit the final nail in its coffin as far as its Indian aspirations are concerned. But temporary product withdrawal is a strategy that has been practiced my many major auto makers in the past. Honda for instance withdrew its prolific City for a while when they decided to re-position the product to launch its fuel efficiency mantra with the iDSI engine. Hyundai in India has done that with Sonata, and possibly the Elantra too.

Fiat having gone completely haywire with the Tata JV strategy needs to embark on a brand building exercise. They need to have products in segments which are not over crowded, if not create new segments for itself. With the Bravo, 500 and even the Panda, along with their legendary multi air and 1.6 mutijet-II engines, they have just that opportunity for creating this unique segment. For certain, they are not going to be money spinners, but that to me is a boon. With modest to low sales, they would have headway to set right their supply chain, distribution chain, after sales service by paying close attention to every customer's pre, in and post sales experience. This, coupled with a city by city expansion plan using their Fiat Caffe initiative, Fiat can be optimistic about winning back the trust and faith of the Indian market. Now how does Fiat generate sustainable revenue meanwhile? Sell engines as OEM...

Now, if Fiat is able to turn around the brand perception in the minds of Indian buyers, and have settled in with a strong distribution and after-sales back bone of their own in the tier-1 and tier-2 cities, Fiat can then re-launch its money spinning proposition with the refreshed editions of the Linea and the Punto. So the strategy is to niche thyself initially to establish the foundation and more importantly gain trust and then scale out using segment B & C offerings for volume. If you observe VW has done just that and very successfully indeed.

And Ravi, you are right with the honda, but then again SIEL was neither in conflict of interest with their existing business nor did they have their own product offering competing with the honda like the way Tata's are with Fiat.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i am seeing its in high beam. projectors in high beam is very unlikely. one cannot put projector hid in high beams for many reasons.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

SX4 does look good without it's tall stance!! I hate it currently bcuz of its tall stance that suzuki has given to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.