1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat warranty & Parts covered details

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Narayan, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I dont know if there is a thread which has this details consolidated in one place. Though most of us have extended warranty on our Fiats, does it apply to all parts of the car? I see that there are some parts covered only until a few thousand kms, is there a listing like that available somewhere as to what is covered until when and under what conditions etc?

Im sorry for my lazyness, if im asking for information that is already there. MODS, pls feel free to move this thread elsewhere or delete this if this is redundant.

thx
    Narayan
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    infact i was looking for such thread.its been 1.5 yrs lot of parts have changed under warranty for FOC.what if warranty goes off and extended warranty comes in to the picture.i feel extended warranty has lots of clause in it which covers only specific parts.

i doubt specially on the plastic quality's part,it would be irksome if we have to pay for such parts for no good reason.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That thread "Parts changed under warranty" talks about the list of parts changed under warranty whereas this thread "FIAT warranty and parts covered" talks about the warranty terms and conditions on various parts that are covered under warranty.

It won't be correct to move this thread and merge it with the former.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    extended warranty is mostly the most important parts of the car like engine, steering rack, fuel pump etc minus suspension which is only till 35000 kms and that too no wear tear covered.all details are there in the booklet.My Linea MJD has run 56000 Kms and have just got rack changed under extended warranty with out problem
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Guys,
    My clutch is getting harder & some problems for gear shifting to 3rd as well as reverse.
    I have completed around 37900 KMs in 1.7 years. Can I ask them to replace the clutch, pressure plate & clutch bearing i.e. complete clutch setup under warranty?

Please suggest.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am hearing that clutch will be replaced under warranty only if the car breaks down. You may not get the benefit of warranty if you make a request proactively. This is what I heard from KHT last time. I could not understand the logic though.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The logic behind this "why should we keep the faulty part as is by replacing only kit?" & "why we keep waiting for the complete breakdown?"
    As already the clutch plate has been eaten up by 60 to 80 %. That's why I was looking for the complete change.
  9. Go ahead and make a demand for the clutch Kit replacement. I got it replaced for my car under warranty. During the 30K service, I told the SA the clutch is hard and my legs pain in the B2B Traffic. He checked it out by moving the car a little and said has to be changed. I asked for it to be done under warranty.The only condition the SA put forward was the clutch should look burnt due to bad driving style otherwise he was happy to replace. Finally it was done under warranty.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Extended warranty is a joke. It seems that FIAL is not offering true warranty but has tied up with a 3rd party insurer [United India] & a 3rd party service provider for the warranty. Lots of hurdles need to be cleared before they even approve the part. For a start, who has heard about the photo of the car & the part to be provided before the approval ? Typical insurance company requirement.