1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Uno third highest selling small car in the world

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by gurjinder, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats Jayadev, working very hard through the night indeed you have put up a wonderful questionnaire.
    Pls answer them too...:D
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    this holds true for every manufacturer around the globe .look at toyota etios designed for India.

maybe something subtle but technically beneficial like better airflow..IMO

even I wonder to see multiple standards but IMO it can be due to back to back compatibility too .

When we took a poll most of us voted the current one looks more preferable with that timeless design. though what we needed was improvements in interiors cosmetically.

Easy money!! rarely I could find someone wont do it.

Hope you did not point it concerning only Fiat. as we all know safety is expensive!

No, majority are not even aware of what is safety let alone in car.cars are still a luxury not a lifestyle requirement .You might have already seen the roads of India.

What could be cost of such a car in India ,a base model passing ADAC from Germany ?

I have agut feeling that you pointed it to yourself ,the reason why you bash Fiat. well we are in same shoe.wish they could Improve and come up.

No we cannot .so much is the Ignorance and monopoly(especially political) in India so much of investments are stake .hope you might have heard the news about strike in Suzuki manesar plant in India which ended into nothingness.

The first reason why unsafe car(Alto here) sell well is, it is bare basic plastic/sheet metal ,even if you survive an accident you can afford to buy one more .

not only alto but the Suzuki Omni (we call it coffin on wheels) sells more than 8000 every month. and Suzuki is having hayday in India(only) exploiting Ignorance.
    2 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There you go Jayadev. :drinks
    Still wonder how people possess such strong emotions for FIAT. FIAT just can't be ignored like any other automaker. It's extreme love or hatred relationship. If someone owns to happen car from some other manufacturer, it's understandable since he is justifying his spending but that FIAT factor of Hatred & Love relationship is unique.

Any way's let's be open minded to relevant critics although not entertain the blind shooting just because some-one loves to hate FIAT (for no obvious facts/reasons). Thanks for the above post.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Drive it and experience it.

when I saw Drifters last post I was bit disappointed against fiat .sure.

So I did what I usually do when I am disappointed here in TFI or when somebody accuses Fiat- Drive my fiat.
    I drove around 50km or so with my wifey and child talking and discussing many things (I have done it 1000 times but she understands me well) did some shopping attended a festival and returned after 2 hour and back to TFI.

for those 2 hours we dint get a hint of feeling that manufacture or designer was so flawed or wrong with this product. NVh,driving dynamics,confidence inspiring responses et al maybe they were all borrowed from something else but to me it was justified for the money I spent.or maybe we have got ourselves so much adapted to a flawed machine.
    It is truly comfortable on roads,potholes,bumpers and isolates you from outside chaos better than being in your own home.

No Idea about safety or other features as I do not have any methods to test the quality of those.But the emotion was natural.
    Please note I sold my Indica vista in a Year 12kkm, little bit due to niggling issues and mostly due to- I felt like dead and lifeless machine but on fiat it is lively and I find no reason to sell it so far.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fiat Owns Iveco still as subsidiary Unit.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Quadrajet, DDIS I know. But what is XSDE & SMARTECH ?