1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Uno third highest selling small car in the world

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by gurjinder, Jan 29, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    We are lucky that fiat has a weak management but a strong research team instead of a strong management and below average product.
    2 people like this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Shams, You are right. actually the title of headline is more than just misleading. I am copy pasting the exact wordings.
    "Marti-Alto-bags-world-s-best-small-car-tag-again":confused

When did alto bag this best tag earlier & how it has bagged it now?? The details inside the article is totally different.I doubt that even Maruti Suzuki will dare to comment that in front of media, that's just height of.... Whatever??
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its about highest selling small car right? Why is it written as Best small car?
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Good observation. I missed to notice that!!

But it goes well with the logic prevalent in India i.e. Highest selling is the best!! ;)
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Nobel laureates are not choosen simply by the number of research publications but it is about quality of their best works. So some times quality matters in this univers where just numbers doesn't speak anything.
    2 people like this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It doesn't stop here guys. If you read the content further.

India’s largest-selling car Maruti Alto has emerged as the best-selling small car in the world for the second straight year in 2011, outpacing competition from the likes of Volkswagen and Fiat in Brazil and Germany.

Very smartly manipulated & cunning message. Pls read above line & meaning comes out something like,

Alto is the best selling car in the world with 3,00,000 cars sold in 2011 in India alone. It has also outpaced Volkswagen & FIAT in Germany & Brazil

Since we have some insight to auto market developments, what about 99.99% of Indians who are not interested into Auto market stats? It exactly means for them as i summarized above:lol

If you read further, they have also mentioned the name of the person, who has paid them for printing this news exactly word by word:p.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thank god that they didn't include bajaj auto also. In terms of saftey it looses by slight margin. But the rear leg space is as comparable to alto or even better.
    After introducing the powerful k10 engine how maruti produce alto without an optional ABS option. They are least bothered about the safety.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Can any one post pics of the UNO,is it the Brazilian version like a small SUV,it looks handsome and cute!
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Iveco was only 51% Fiat to start with. And Iveco has no further links with Fiat as the group had to sell the shares in order to save the rest of the group.

Leaders in the Premium segment are Volkswagen group, BMW and Mercedes. Their combined output in numbers are about in the premium segment is more than double the entire output of the Fiat group.

What crash safety is about I am very well aware. It is part of my job and crash safety testing was started in my country in 1955, which was before the Swedish started. Building of safety standards go a much longer way back than you think. And Fiat has designed in the past 10 years that were safe on paper, but air bags failed left right ans center.

Fiat group is currently one of the weakest companies in the field. If Fiat were as strong as you making out they would look different in India. Companies of the size Fiat group is live from long term development of markets. Despite being troubled, Europe is currently the most important market. Fiat's attitude on the European market as well as the far Eastern market is nothing short of being dumb. Fiat's manufacturer co-operation hopping will soon come to an end.

The Ncap rating of the Alto might not be as good as the Punto. However the Alto is smaller and considerably cheaper. The Alto fulfills the minimum test requirements.

I used to like Fiats a long time before you were born. But in these days they are flawed in far too many ways. And as the cars are flawed the management of the group is flawed too. Fiat might be Italy, but where is Italy? Fiancially on the floor possibly helping to bring the world economy down with their dodgy financial tactics.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sir, I never said that FIAT is biggest automaker. It's 6th biggest only with 1.GM 2.VW 3.Toyota reported as heavyweights. Appreciate your understanding & no doubt FIAT has the flaws. They have made most utterly ludicrous vehicles too which rewarded them bankruptcy many times, one can read their history any time.
    Yep, i also agree that FIAT management case study would the worst subject to be read by business management students.They were, are & will be worst professionals ever.