1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Uno third highest selling small car in the world

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by gurjinder, Jan 29, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Maruti Alto bags world

I read this a few days back, but forgot to post it on TFI. Alto is the highest selling small car in the world, and FIAT UNO is the third highest selling one.

FIAT India, what is stopping you from getting the Uno here? Get the Uno with the 1.0 FIRE Evo engine, and you can have a potential winner.

On another note, as posted by Serdar, our TFIan from Turkey, the sales figures of Linea there are very impressive. It is the highest selling sedan in the Turkish C segment for the year 2011.

aralik1 (1).jpg

2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    After sales service support..!
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hummm... Interesting. I thought FIAT's best seller across Europe at least is a Panda.
    I would also prefer 4X4 Panda with 90 HP MJD in India. I like 4X4 Panda's you tube videos doing off-roading. One can do amazing stuff in a 4X4 FIAT Panda.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

yes Jayadev, sure:A!! i hope you don't utter FIAT A.S.S. while sleeping:mrgreen:!!
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx Gurujinder for remembering my favourite car . FIAT UNO

I am very much delighted by reading that UNO is on 3rd rank.

BTW Volkswagon Golf is on 2nd place.
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

Without Brazil, Fiat would be a dead fish in the water. Uno needs to be rolled out all over the world. Problem is that the idiot in chief has priced the 500 so high that they wouldn't sell the 500 any longer.Therefore they rather make high margins on much less cars making the the losses look better. :A
  6. sungoa2010

Linea is in the same segment as corolla. But in india corollo is always kept in a higher segment.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I think people are still not getting the point why this news got flashed in Hindustan times. If Volkswagen Golf were no. 1 & FIAT UNO were no. 2, would it ever make into news? This is news because Alto can be projected to Indian customer as a highest selling vehicle in any country through 2011 & is a world class vehicle ("world best" is emphasized instead of seller). What more evidence is required when an ALTO is posed by a POLO to manipulate people's mind that Alto is no underdog, it's one masterpiece of exquisite engineering. In fact underdog is FIAT UNO which didn't even make to the picture being very low in caliber to Maruti Alto.

Yes,I know Indian press is not corrupted & Maruti doesn't ever bribe.Again a classic eg. of stuffing that Chinese junk in innocent people's throat with Polo as a taste-maker. Where FIAT has been a life-safer, Alto is the guilty of most no. of accidental life losses in INDIA. Since Alto is not capable of any adventures too, The mistake committed by those people was that they happened to be in this tin box. Don't need any research agency's stats to conclude as Maruti doesn't bribe to research agencies as well. Great Hindustan Times!! You are doing one hell of a duty being a responsible national newspaper. It's so frustrating & disappointing:firey!! i hate them even more now.
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

@ ENKI - Whether you like it or not, the reality is that everyone is manipulated. this is what the world is made of. You make it a big issue that people are manipulated in buying an Alto. All manufacturers have built death traps. The biggest of all is Toyota.

I love my 5 Cinquecentos and 2 Seicentos I currently own despite tha fact that they are possibly even less safe than the Alto.

Death is the biggest business in the world. More people die in an hour in the places we like to call third world because of some greedy people trying to maske some more money by holding back supplies. The same goes for chemical companies, arms manufacturers and hundreds of millions suffer greatly of greed.

At the end everyone lives somehow of the back of others. And if people have no time to get informed about their choices then the buyer is evenly to blame.

Cool down, before a heart attack is striking.Accept that Fiat has got a weak management in Turin and they are the laughing stock of the worlds automotive experts. You have your car and enjoy it. Whether you hate Suzuki, the Hindustan times and even the whole world, you won't change it that they Alto will still outsell others. Fiat is by far not the biggest company and they can't take on Suzuki. That Fiat supplies the M-Jet engine to Suzuki doesn't mean that Fiat is in the driving seat. The reality is that Fiat needs to sell the engine if it wants to survive.

Do you want to stop having fun because of it?I am to old for that.
    2 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

I think the title of this thread is slightly misleading. It gives an impression that Alto is an all time best selling small car with Golf and Uno following it. On going through the link we come to know that we are talking about 2011 only.

Talking about All time figures : Uno is 19th best selling car till date. Alto is nowhere in this list. Golf is third.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sir, I think you had a bad day. Sure, Fiat is as in-secured as a Alto/Maruti Suzuki if you know that much about Suzuki & FIAT. You are comparing FIAT's two small cars that were introduced in 1991 (22 Yrs back) to state-of-the-art Suzuki's Alto 2012 model?? Do i need to say anything more onto this:uh?
    If still you are not convinced, pls check 1998 Models crash test for any company on video's available on Youtube (Any car you wish for). There were considered very safe at that time with those crash results but watch how it folds completely & it's rear seat impacts the concrete wall. That was a different era. Moreover i wasn't driving at that time so i won't argue, you can decide for yourself. I will trust you whatever your take is.

Suzuki is bigger automaker??

FIAT with 4.5 - 5.00 million passenger vehicle sales through 2011 can't take on suzuki? FYI 40% of the vehicles sold being in the premium category & high margin (C+,D,E, super-cars & hypercars). FIAT SPA alone has reported 82 billion Euros revenue in 2011 (Excluding FIAT powertrains)...??

Are you forgetting other heavyweights like Magnetti Marelli, Case new Holland (agriculture eqnts & tractors), IVECO trucks (Big commercial vehicles & ranks in top ten of the world), Teksid (largest iron foundry group in world with annual production of 600000 tons of iron), Comau S.p.A., La Stampa, Itedi & Italiana Edizioni (editorial brands), Piaggio, Vespa, FIAT Ferroviaria (both Diesel and electric locomotives and railcars not only in Italy, but other parts of Europe, and in South America). I hope you will just calm down..!!

Thanks But i Love FIAT!!:!:
    1 person likes this.