1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat tries hard to shift gears

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Correctly said nk4fiat
    Fiat wake up from your sleep.
    Don't be lazy.
    Start advertising....
    We want more members into our fiat family.
  2. sungoa2010

Fiat is diluting the brand value. Imagine the brand value of honda if vtech is fitted in to anything with four wheels.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Okay FIAT INDIA, if you are not upto to get new models soon in India, NO PROB....., Atleast do good commercials, it will surely increase the market share.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat India - Future Plans

Fiat camp, I got to know exclusive information -
    1. Fiat is re-launching 500, within few days. Increased localization, reduce cost.
    2. Fiat will indeed working with Tata to have separate dealership and service centers, in 20 cities. The dealer will be existing one, but they have to open exclusive Fiat dealership and service center. This is also going to happen sooner (few months).
    3. Fiat's small car is almost finalized, some testing is happening in India also. (Pune guys keep an eye). This is will be launched early next year. This is based on 500 platform.
    4. Pune and Delhi will soon have Fiat exclusive boutiques. This is going to be exiting, keep an eye on updates.
    5. Linea 1.6 is not coming sooner. This is on Fiat's roadmap, but it is not happening sooner.

All these are not official news but i got it with casual chat with Fiat person.

And at-last, Fiat do care about what we post or suggest for increasing sales etc. Keep constructive and good ideas flowing. You will definitely see in near future, some of our suggestions are taken care.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    This is definitely good news! I am sure that separate dealership and service network will help improve the brand image. Nobody wants the Punto or the Linea to be serviced like they deal with Indica(taxis). These, along with a very aggressive marketing strategy, is sure change the fortunes of FIAT in India.
    By the time the small car is launched, the new, redefined dealership and service center should be ready. The prospective buyers of the new small car should not get a feel that nothing has changed for TATA and FIAT in India and "this is the same old wine in a new bottle". The "We care for our customers" feeling from FIAT should be visible in the market. Not saying that it's not there now, but being there and shouting loudly that I am there are different.
    And about the much awaited small car: Sales volume come from this segment and not from the premium ones. So, the earlier FIAT introduces it, the better for FIAT's future in India.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Thanks a lot for the update Ravi. That's really a good news.:dance
  7. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    so that means there are no new launches by FIAT in 2011?
    Wasn't the new Palio on the cards?
  8. gurus

gurus Amatore

Hi Ravi, thats some good news. I was saddened there is not much activity here w.r.t fiat launches..
    New small car will be based on 500 platform..that is some news...how spacious will that be? considering that our people are very particular about rear space...
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Palio is not going to be launched again in India. I don't know from where you got the news.

Same question even we asked, but not much information as of now. It is still at-least 1 year far away, so not much information was provided.
  10. gurus

gurus Amatore

thanks for reply Ravi. Let's wait for more information on this...