1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat tries hard to shift gears

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rakesh8051, Apr 23, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wait for a few months : you will start seeing some good initiatives. (starting with Pune & Delhi)
  2. guru

guru

Hyderabad
    not to sound like a fanboy, but Fiat has the best in class cars in India in Punto and Linea. Fiat just has to market it - better and give its customers a better value for money. cost cutting wont help it'll just have to innovate out of the current rut that its in. Upcoming Ford Fiesta sedan will kill Linea sales, not to mention the Forrd Hatch in 2012 Jan time will be death knell for Punto if Fiat doesn't execute a better strategy - faster.

I'd start with introducing Sedici and Multipla and Siena here in India. Sedici alone - if executed well would be disruptive in our market as small SUV. else its a dead end.for Fiat. Fiat will have only itself to blame then.

Sedici for Reference
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is just i20, other premium hatchbacks are similar or below in sales (ex. - Fabia, Jazz etc.). Polo is in 3K range, and ideally Punto should be this range.

100% agree.

No Bangalore in the list?:mad:
    We keep hearing these, if any new car is launched in market. Linea survived, similar figure, after launched of Vento, Verna, SX4 diesel etc. It can easily sustain Fiesta.

India is a big growing car market and all cars will find its own space.
    Fiat can easily increase its market share, if start behaving bit differently (mentioned nicely above by VahanPujari).
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    That's what I tried to convey. 1st priority for Fiat is how to take Punto sales to 3000 level. All its strategies, marketing, plans etc must be aligned to this objective. If Punto starts doing 3000 numbers, then Fiat can expect 6K-7K-8K numbers from small car as & when it launches it. Then it builds a story, a good story that Fiat is arrived.
  5. "However, Fiat and Seagrams ruled out the possibility of renewal of contract with the star. “Yuvraj’s contract as brand ambassador with Fiat’s Grande Punto ended last year and the company has no plans to renew it,” said Fiat India spokesman Marius D’Lima. Pernod Ricard India"

source : Yuvi scores big in brand game
  6. In India, i think 90% people buy car by some word of mouth reference, even i bought it with reference to one of my relative. Forums like carwale, teamfiat, team-bhp are doing good but they offer more information than what required, so again confusion. even i read lots of review in team-bhp and found every owner is satisfy with there selection. so Fiat required to improve there goodwill. Every where Fiat facing spare part availability issue, I don't know why? they are failed to fix. Every thing else is at par with others in terms of service.

When they have excellent product, why they are not working on spare part issue. (for spare parts - i don't think any body doing negotiation on the price. they can sell easily on MRP as medicine store)

They are planning start "Fiat Cafes" hope they impliment soon. but without fixing the spare part problems, i don't think they will win India Heart.
  7. I don't think that any one is paying to harm the Fiat Sales. they are already at last position. Yes if it is for Ford, Maruti etc we can suspect.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @rakesh

Sometimes it is better to nip the things in the bud. Before they reach maturity. FIAT is betting on making it big in India, and speculation is rife that a new small car is coming next year.
    Thats bang in Maruti, Hyundai, Ford ( Figo) territory. And in today's cut-throat competition , no one would waste any time in cutting the throat early on.

Its all speculation and your guess is as good as mine.

Gurjinder.
  9. "Some times your advertisement works for competitors well, if you don't have mouth of publicity for own brand. "

Ref. I remember the starting at 2002, Hutch lunched the mobile services in Hyderabad, they advt well with the most creative concept but during that period Airtel got more connection than Hutch.

Why ? because they advertise well for mobile, but Hutch having network issues, so people watch the Hutch advt and after discussion with there friends and relatives they select Airtel.
  10. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    People in FIAT marketing & sales team need to go through the suggestions posted on TFI. We all will be wasting time and efforts if no one in FIAT comes to know about these comments...