1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @vijay, All these modifications will be foreign made ( Fiat is still to develop a local vendor for struts), would be India specific components made by a specific factory and cannot be sourced in the gray market. Also TASC would not give it over the counter.

Abdul
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Abdul ji - what's the usual suspension change interval? I might as well wait till the current suspension packs up before upgrading. I've more or less damaged the engine guard already.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @teky,

Same thinking here. I might as well wait another 13K kms and compete 60K and it will be time to change the struts. At that time it might seem more sensible.
    Teky, dont take a lenient view of damage to the engine guard. This guy at the TASC warned me that certain hits will have long term greater damage to the engine.

Abdul
  4. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

I've been to the Showroom today to replace the sun curtain as it was not working properly - Spoke to the Sales rep and Manager about the GC uprade Kit and they said we can expect them in 2 months and it would cost round about 20K. (20K is pretty good)
  5. Gr888..!!

If..Cost of Upgrading will be around 20k....then for sure....i am going to upgrade my Sexy(Linea)
  6. JJPunter

JJPunter

Chennai
    Good to see that FIAT is showing interest in their customers. I have scraped my car countless times including an incident where the engine guard bent inward and touched the engine. This would be a worthy upgrade.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    guys, do you know how much 1.2 cms is? just take a small scale bend beneath your car and ask someone to sit inside.
    similarly when you go over undulations the spring action itself coasts the cars easily upto 5 cms.

with just 1.2cms its not going to bring you fortune so as not to scrape the bottom.

with utmost study i have realised that its just the guard which is very very low due to engine packaging, and unfortunately this is at place which oscillates the most when there are undulations.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. But, for Linea with 2.4 CM increase in GC and with a stiffer suspension it matters a lot. I drove the 2012 Linea on very bad roads very confidently with 5 ppl on board without even scrapping once.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    suspensions are stiffer then they are new. the springs get a bit soft once running is done.

if you are upgrading alloys as well then its okay. but upgrading just the suspensions wont take you long.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hmm. I was almost decided on going for this upgrade kit. It still requires some thinking.