1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Whatever anybody says about handling. I will have to check it myself, especially when a car suspension has been upgraded by using a kit. The reason is most of the people don’t drive fast, their definition of fast is 100-120. Whereas i drive or should i say my cruising speed is at around 140-150km/hr and fast for me is when i drive above 170+km/hr and handling characteristic are critical at these speeds. Even at 180+km/hr i feel i am total in control of the car due to it handling. So my requirements are very different from other people and i think i am better judge of it.

I could have bought any car in the range of 10-15lakh, the only reason i bought this car was for its handling at high speed and the technology it offered in the package. Even the TD i did was of a personal car of the owner of the showroom which had 25000km on ODO and on my first TD of the car i touched 170+ without even trying and the most amazing thing was i had driven a 5-Series 530d BMW to TD and i found the handling was on par or even better than 5 series. That’s says a lot about handling of LINEA

Yeah i know GC is important for me as i drive a lot on Highway (and i will like to go again to Leh-Ladakh on my Linea this time), but i will go for it only after doing a TD of a car whose GC has been increased with the kit.
    Jaladhi, mvb4u and mnjnth like this.
  2. vijay

vijay Timido

one of my friend who own swift desire drove my car for 170km which was part of east west corridor. maximum speed he touched was 150km/hr. his reaction was oh my god it is amazing. if there is no underbody scrapping then it is ultimate car.he didn't let me drive me my car. such is the ride and handling of fiat cars.. due to increased gc this ride and handling shouldn't be affected. if anyone has test driven punto2012 with increased gc please give a short review.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Vijay,I have posted a test drive report of PUNTO2012 in the thread 'DISCUSSION ON THE 2012 LINEA & PUNTO ' (started by 'SUNGOA').You may read that.It is on page8.
  4. rainy

rainy Amatore

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

does the turning radius be upgraded..!!
    parking is very difficult with the 2011 model...
  6. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

My car has run 33k kms and i have become so used to its ground clearance that its been around 10k kms the car was last scrapped when driven by me whereas my cousin yesterday scrapped 2 times on the same road even with a low speed....So i guess its getting used to . Ground clearance of previous Fiats is in no way less + the handling boy.....its truly brilliant . Its so much fun driving this car on broken roads and curves . The suspension wont make u feel any broken road . Reaching speed of 120+ on curves is something i never even dreamed of and that too on broken roads......Really a fantastic car .
  7. harry2

harry2 Timido

I too wait egarly for the upgrade of GC issue, but i really doubt that it will burn my pocket. lets hope for the best from FIAT, i hope they does this upgrade without burning our pockets. The next thing as said by some members the QALITY of work of suspension by TASS, i really fear about this.. IF they are unable to do it cleanly then we will suffer for the whole life of the car. I think if the work qality is poor we will loose everything in this good car ride comfort, handling of car at high speed.
    I am very afraid to do this in a TASS.
  8. somu_200

what i am going to do is , i will buy KIT and keep with me, when ever i need to change shocks after 50K , i will go for GC upgrade..
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Guys, I was a victim of the GC as I had my puntos oil sump hit and started losing oil, thanks to the rains and bad roads in Chennai. It seems there are many fiats coming in with damaged oil sumps. I got it changed for Rs.2300/-

I also heard from a cookoo at the TASC that the increased GC kit will come at around 21,000/- and will necessitate the change of the To struts, stabilizer bar, and the coil springs at the rear. Fiat want to it asap.

10. vijay

vijay Timido

it is better to upgrade gc by ourself instead of TASS.HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.