1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I did ask, but not in pipeline right now. As these feature needs sensor to be installed and then this feature has to be integrated into Car ECU as the control for sensitivity of these feature is on MID. Also the Stack for the control of light and wiper on steering wheel will also have to be changed as they are different.

But i will ask again, but for me these feature are not that important. GC is bigger issue.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am quit happy with the GC of my car. If it is going to cost 30K or something, i am not even going to think about it. :D

If we can get the turning radius adjusted, it would be good but what will be the process to adjust the turning radius? Any insights?
    2 people like this.
  3. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    new Linea weight was reduced by 60 or 70Kgs , old linea's after increasing the GC using the KIT they are more weight then 2012 linea, i think there will be an impact on FE and second thing fitting quality may not reach to the factor fitting quality. if it is really painful then only we have to go for GC upgrading.
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Its personal choice, i will only upgrade, when i will upgrade to 17" Alloy from my standard 15" Alloy. Otherwise i am also happy with my GC. What i am looking for is how will the upgraded GC affect handling of the car, as i drive very fast usually at 140-150km on highway and handling is very important for me.

As far as fitting quality goes it will be like plug and play kit, change of shocks and few parts from Suspension. Which i am sure ASS will be able to handle as they do it regularly on fiat cars.
  5. saud

saud

Mumbai
    No doubt that increment in GC will be preferred.
    It all depends on the cost they will charge for it.

I am sure linea 2012 with more GC would be equally stable as older linea.
    There would be some way in which GC would be increased without compromising on stability and handling.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It will require to do change in gear ratio of steering gear.
    To change steering gear ratio replacement of steering rake is essential.

2012 cars are with light steering. So gear ratio of steering gear is tall like Maruti cars.

Tall gear ratio of steering gear means lighter steering action and more revolutions of steering.
    More revolutions of steering wheel means you are able to spin steering wheel more than old model fiat cars. So less turning radius
    turning radius
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I agree. I would prefer not to go for an upgrade just to increase the GC by 12 mm. that is 1.2 cms. Also, I prefer not to replace/change critical parts unless there is a damage, especially if it impacts dynamics and drivability.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No weight reduction happened in new Linea. I don't know how many more posts I am going to make for this particular clarification :).

Check this post of mine.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/non-fiat-...nch-new-swift-dzire-february-5.html#post85791
  9. rainy

rainy Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah, I was thinking the same. Did someone test how it handles with the new 185 mm clearance?

Cheers!
    Rainy
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3