1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think it is officially updated by Fiat India.

Upgrade.JPG
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    If it is so simple, then will this increase hamper the excellent handling quality of FIAT cars. Newbies who have not driven might not experience this as they will be new to this car. But folks who have driven earlier manufactured Punto / Linea will surely find the difference. Really need to get feedback about the handling quality of the new cars before opting for upgradation.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i heard the new 2012 punto have better turning radius.. does the upgrade enhance the turning radius...
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I just got the news that it will be 11part kit, pricing still not decided and its still under test. So actual date of release not sure but around feb end or march. But its for sure that the kit will come out for old linea and its a 11 part kit.
  5. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    Excellent!!!

It is a Sweet season news.:p

Eagerly expecting the technology and cost involved for this. Whether FIAT will call back all older vehicles for modification or any date cut-off?
  6. I can confirm that 2012 Punto have better turning radius than the older one. The decreased turning radius as a upgrade will be very good.Can anyone confirm it or post it in their FB page?
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Its not a recall, you have to order for the upgrade kit and pay for it. Hence no recall or cutoff date, its a upgrade kit with 11 parts.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Do you have the list of what those 11 parts are? I am curious to know about those 11 parts.
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I didnt get the complete details about the parts, only thing i know is that it has new shocks which are longer than the older and other parts that are part of the suspension. Will have to wait for few days to get the complete picture.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks. Will there be upgradation for Auto lights and Rain sensor as well? Any insight into that?