1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to upgrade ground clearance for older versions of Linea and Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by abhinav, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    when old parts are discontinued and no more in production , then when parts fail in warranty they put newly designed parts. there are many such examples.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I don't think so. FIAt will supply both parts. Parts of classic models & new 2012 model.e.g. :- If you own Pulsar 150 Classic 2002 version(With single plug). If you want to change any part then Bajaj will change the part of your make & model. Not part of new DTS-i Pulsar.Exactly like this even old GP & Linea is discontinued, FIAT will give replacement of part which are used at the time of manufacturing your model. not parts of 2012 modelIf you want to install upgrade suspension part you have to pay it.
  3. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    when this upgradation will start. if anybody have idea please share it.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Mailed FIAPL regarding the GC kit.Got a prompt reply from MANGESH KODALKAR but there was no mention of time frame in his reply.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What did you ask them and what was their reply? Can you please elaborate?
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3

I asked whether FIAT would provide(paid & optional)GC improvement kit for existing owners(whoever wants to have the same)of PUNTO.He replied that I would be informed about the same as early as possible.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why didn't they tell Yes/No, while they have posted the update in Facebook?
    Fiat is again and again confusing people rather than being transparent.
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ramjn,in my opinion we shouldnot take it this way.Certainly a decision has been taken(at FIAPL) regarding the GC improvement kit for existing owner .But every FIAPL official may not know the the exact details and an official at the FIAPL shouldnot share the exact detail (if he knows the same)with a retail customer due to the 'standing order'he must follow as an employee of FIAPL.Hope,I have been able to clear your doubt.THANKS.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Is the Fiat facebook page an authentic page i.e. is it an official page updated by Fiat or is it updated by some fan?
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fortune - Sakinaka does not have any information regarding the upgrade and the time frame when the kit will be available.